Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video tag editor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a problem when i name the promo only vob files using file info ...for some reason the info doesn't update when i update vdj to another version of vdj .. i went from version 5rev5 to rev6 and now i have no artist or track names for my vdeos ...how can i save this info so i don't have to rename all my video files every time i update vdj??????????

pls help
DJ Bori

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 6:54 pm
You should actually use windows to name your videos Artist-title.mpg and you wont lose this info

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 7:16 pm
How or what do i use in windows to tag the info..

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 6:27 am
Just rename the file itself. Click the file once and rename it.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 2:17 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Just rename the file itself. Click the file once and rename it.

Right click and choose rename.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 2:22 pm
Thanks yeah thats what I meant or you can single click on the file and it will do the same as right click and select rename.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 5:21 pm
Right click and rename is alright but i still have to retype all the data such as bpm and artist in the file info section of each track..what i am doing right now is to DL from promo only the text file for the dvd info and then cut and paste all the info according to the track.. i was just wondering if there was a better or easier way .such as a video tag editor..

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 9:43 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Google for 'abcAVI Tag Editor' and download this freeware program.
You can add tags to avi or divx files ...
Did not tested yet if it works with VOB or MPEG files.
Be aware that VDJ is not capable of reading the tag data (perhaps in future it is possible)

Johans

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)