Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Good Cheap Midi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone have a link or recommendation for a relatively cheap starter Midi? Thanks.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 4:24 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi

Midi what? Keyboard/interface/controller? And what do you want to do with it (e.g. home use or pro use?)

Cheers

r

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 4:55 pm
Duh..should have been more specific. I'm thinking keyboard would be the cheapest. I'm looking to create my own tracks and mix songs over. I have an old Yamaha keyboard that does all I want but isn't compatible with a PC and it's huge. I'm not that familiar with the other options you mentioned so maybe one of those does what I'm looking for. Just for home use.

Thanks for the response.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 9:10 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hmm, tough choice.

I have a cheapo Yamaha DJX keyboard. It works for me. I especially like the rotary controllers (knobs!) that send out MIDI and the ribbon controller that also sends out MIDI data.

For compactness, although I haven't used one, the Novation range look truly awesome:-

http://www.novationmusic.com/nov_route/docs/prods/remote25/remote25_over.htm

A real knob and slider frenzy. Not sure about the price. One day I'd like to get something like that, although I have an Evolution UC33 midi controller that does most of what I need.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 10:07 pm
I really appreciate the feedback and you taking the time. Maybe I'll start with what you have. I'll also take a look right now at the other link you provided. Thanks.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 11:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)