Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hatton Vs Mayweather - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If any off you guys in VDJ land are boxing fans, what do you think the outcome will be this weekend.

My money is on Hatton, being an Englishmen myself I have to go with him.

It should be a cracking fight

Jimmy b

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:21 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I watch the big fights, can't say I know these fighters too well as to be able to give my own opinion.

But listening to those in the know, I can only predict Hatton will win, and I will defo watch it :).

Best fight since Tyson and Lewis I bet!

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 2:12 pm

Yeah it's a big fight alright.

The only concern I have is that Hatton cuts easy, so if he gets opened up early in the fight I don't know who will win. We're have to see.

Hatton is in for a 10 million pound pay check,

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 2:30 pm
Well I wont feel sorry for him then lol.

But I think Hatton can take a lot of punishment.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 3:08 pm
I don't know, i'm kind of confused on this one, they're both good fighters, but I think Hatton is more hardcore. Will see on Saturday. I didn't even know they were fighting. I have something to look forward to now.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 3:16 pm
If Floyd doesn't run, then it will be Hatton who wins. Floyd's lucky Zab ran out of steam when he fought a faster fighter. Now, he's fighting someone who can hit, and hit hard.

But the real fight will be which of these two fights Cotto.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:30 pm
The thing is for us in the U.K is that the fight doesn't start until 4:00am Sunday morning!!

So what to do, I want to watch it but hmmm, tough one.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 12:28 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
The thing is for us in the U.K is that the fight doesn't start until 4:00am Sunday morning!!

So what to do, I want to watch it but hmmm, tough one.

Get plenty of coffee down you Bagpuss, thats what i'll be doin.

I will get back home from my Saturday gig about 1.30am, then I'm hitting the caffeine. I bet you i'll fall to sleep just before the fight starts.

Jimmy b

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 1:23 pm
That's what I did with the world cup... Some of the games were at 5:00am. It's tough when you have a gig and come in. I try to stay awake but fall asleep just before.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 1:45 pm
these are the facts about both fighters.

Mayweather.
Class: Welterweight (141 - 147 lbs)
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 5' 8"
Reach: 72"
Record [Wins 38 (24 KO)] [Loss 0] [Draw 0]

Hatton
Class: Light Welterweight (136 - 140 lbs)
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 5' 6"
Reach: 65"
Record [Wins 43 (31 KO)] [Loss 0] [Draw 0]

Mayweather pros: fast, accurate, and very good blocker, long stamina
Mayweather cons: cocky, distant fighter, overconfident

Hatton pros: fast, accurate, good blocker, long stamina, close range fighter
Hatton cons: short arms, has had more facial cuts, not in his weight class.

This fight will be a Welterweight (meaning Hatton will have to gain weight to fight Mayweather)
Each of these fighters has a different style, Mayweather likes to have a distant fight, he will have to keep Hatton at a distance.
Hatton likes to fight in closer, will have to get past Mayweathers long arms and handcuff him up close.
If Hatton gets Mayweather to fight up close he has the upper hand, Hatton has a very strong punch up close.
Mayweather will have to keep Hatton at a distance, early on he will have to make contact to cut Hatton and intimidate.

Both are undefeated!

My predictions:
If Hatton has an upclose fight: KO 7-8 Round
If Mayweather has distant fight: Win by majority desicion

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 10:45 pm
Its going to be an exciting fight, unlike Vargas Vs. Mayorga.
But im sure Hatton has been watching the two Jose Luis Castillo Vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. fights. Castillo proved Mayweather's weakness is an up close fight, im sure Mayweather will have his hands full.

I hope Hatton wins, i cannot stand cocky mfs.

Another fight that should be a treat will be Felix Trinidad Vs. Roy Jones Jr. January 19th.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 11:04 pm

Thanks Djrasza, nice stats.

I hope Hatton wins too. If he can get into Mayweather body, with his hard punches I think he will do it, but it's Rickys bleeding that bothers me.

Jimmy b

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 11:40 pm
I looking for Floyd to make him a bloody mess. Of course he will keep coming, because he's home, and they will pump him up. But right now, I'm watching the Victoria Secrets Fashion Show, and don't care about either one of them.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 12:16 am

So you will be cheering for the home boy then AmaHM.

We will see.

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 9:02 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
But right now, I'm watching the Victoria Secrets Fashion Show, and don't care about either one of them.

Hahaha, crazy forum this is.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 9:30 am
Mayweather is pretty much unbeatable in his weightclass. The only way Hatton can win is if Mayweather makes one to many mistakes. Don't get me wrong if Hatton can get a series of shots in he can hurt Mayweather, is he quick enough....? Another fight of Mayweather backing off to an opponent who drives forward, picking him off point by point. I'm anticipating my decision, Mayweather 7 rounds to 5 (maybe 8 to 4) because it's boxing, the sweet science, not a tough man competition. I would love to see Hatton knock him on his ass though!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 9:34 am
Yo, yo, yo, don't hate the player, hate the game. Charlie you hit it right on the head(Hatton's), it's called the sweet science. Who is a better scientist than Floyd. I know they are both unbeaten, but look who Floyd has beaten.

On the other hand, boxing is a tricky sport. Fighters blow fights for a bigger payday. This smells like a trilogy to me. This is the fight for both of them, so who's left? You have to look at the contract. If it says Floyd losses, and gets an automatic rematch in the US, Floyd will lose this fight by decision. If you saw the first Ali vs Spinks, you know what I mean. Leonard did the same thing with Duran. This is not the same thing as a fix, because the opponent has nothing to do with it.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 3:40 pm
Boxing is all fixed nowadays. It's dead. It's the only sport I watch and it's corrupted ever since Don King got in the game. Now all i'm left with is my music.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 3:46 pm
Mayweather by TKO in the 10th round. Thoughts anybody? Lookes like Hatton had a hard time handcuffing Mayweather, specially after he was cut in the third.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 11:56 am
Yep he did have a hard time rasza,

He had to fight at distance and thats not Hattons game, he likes to get inside people. Mayweather had a game plan and stuck to it.

One day soon someone will put Mayweather will on his arse.

Jimmy b

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 1:14 pm
67%