Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Improvements for the Hercules DJ Console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Improvements for the Hercules DJ Console

1. the cue monitor should be able to toggle the left deck, or the right deck, both at the same time, or neither by simply pressing the cue monitor buttons. This is how BPM studio handles it works great. Push it on/off not just toggle from left to right decks

2. It would be nice if the DJ could map the master tempo button to toggle the master tempo on/off. some tracks sound like absolute sh|t with master tempo and sometimes the DJ wants to use the pitch. If the button could be mapped, the DJ could toggle the timestrech on/off without entering the config.

3. It would be nice to have a way to toggle the scratch/bend without entering the config.

4. Consider adding fader start on the hercules dj console would be great since the slider is built in

5. Would be nice if there was a way to control the sensitivity of the jog wheels on hercules, xp10 and dac-2

6. When you load a track to a deck VDJ should NOT reset the pitch to zero. This problem affects the dac-2, XP10, and hercules. If the DJ has the pitch slider set to a certain spot LEAVE IT THERE!

7. would be nice to scroll through the music list with the jog wheels on hercules, xp10 and dac-2

IDEA: Use the 1/2/3 keys at the to select the function of the wheel...

Momentary Press 1, the jog wheel would scroll through the music list from that point on
Momentary Press 2, the jog wheel would scratch from that point on
Momentary Press 3, the jog wheel would bend from that point on

WirelessDJ

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 3:14 pm
Good ideas..
Some of them are possible to midi mapping.. but build into VDJ as a native mapper would be nice.

I'll try to post some mapping things you can do, as of now, to make some of your requests work :)

A couple of them are already under development from the team ;)

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 4:30 pm
I would need something that is preset and already made up. On some skins I wish I could change the beat lock to a temporary match. I dont know XML though

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 12:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)