Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: LA Coliseum: USC all weekend tailgate party starting TODAY! Come on out! =D

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone who's a USC football fan can come out and join me at the LA Coliseum where I will be spiinning on stage at the tailgate party and we'll be setting up projection showing off VirtualDJ and Virtual Vinyl's visual mixing capabilities!

USC running back Hershel Dennis has requested this and grew up with a dj friend of mine from an affiliate dj crew (Unique Technique - their VT Jymnastyk should be there with me as well) of my dj crew (LEGEND Entertainment - our VT J-Solo will be there with me also). Hershel, UT, and LEGEND all hail from Carson and will be rocking the place starting early tomorrow morning (* but we'll be setting up at 3am tomorrow morning and will begin partying WAAAY beforehand). ;)

Come on out! =D

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

* CORRECTION
I just got a call to go set-up at 12pm TODAY because the parking lot is already starting to fill up and people already want to party... even in the rain! Hopefully it'll clear up this afternoon and tomorrow, but regardless, IT'S GONNA BE FUN AND EVERYONE'S INVITED!!!!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 10:56 am
You damn USC fans / alumni. Every weekend I have the USC alumni filling up the room of my bar / club and for those late games I can't start until the game is over. I like to mess with them when I get there> I turn the channels to other games during commercials. Or I'll get on the mic and tell some other rival teams score especially if team is winning.... I get all kinds of comments when they see me come in. This fued has been going on since day one.

GO UCLA!!!!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:04 pm
ConQuest wrote :
I just got a call to go set-up at 12pm TODAY because the parking lot is already starting to fill up and people already want to party... even in the rain! Hopefully it'll clear up this afternoon and tomorrow, but regardless, IT'S GONNA BE FUN AND EVERYONE'S INVITED!!!!

I hope the party goes well because it’s raining hard in LA right now—it’s about 10:15 am. We will find out tomorrow if USC chokes again…. It’s still hard to believe that USC lost to UCLA last year and blew a chance to play Ohio State for the national championship. This is why the NCAA needs to establish a playoff system.

OO

Btw, Thanks for the invite

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:17 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
GO UCLA!!!!

Hehe ;)

I'll comment on this AFTER the game. =D

Double O wrote :
I hope the party goes well because it’s raining very hard in LA right now—it’s about 10:15 am.

I know, that's what my friends in LA are telling me right now. However I'm in Irvine, and the hard rain passed about 15 minutes ago here but it's still pretty gloomy. Hopefully this clearing is making it's way up north to the LA area, about 30 minutes from me. I'll be there at 12pm to set-up.

Just gotta pack up my notebook, hard drive and head on out (I already got the turntables in loaded in the car because of a VDJ demo I did last night).

Apparently the "liquids" are gonna get there before me... it's gonna be a fun, but looong couple of days. =P

Double O wrote :
Btw, Thanks for the invite

You're welcome. Come on through and introduce yourself if you get the chance. =)

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:24 pm

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:39 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :

That was funny! Classic Will Ferrell. =D

Hey, do you think they'll fire Dorell even before the game tomorrow? =P

The Bruins will probably do better just guessing than with his coaching. ;)

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:45 pm
sounds like a great party gig , thanks for the invite , i wish i could come see you in action .....

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 1:38 pm
Ok, leaving right now from my house in the O.C. ... it is RAINING HARD HERE right now. =(

This storm is making it's way north to LA too, so that means that I'll get to "enjoy" it twice because I'll probably beat it there just to have it hit again. =P

Again, I hope some of you locals go today and/or tomorrow and feel free to introduce yourselves if you do! =)

Peace!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 1:40 pm
DAMN... ANY OTHER TIME THEY CHOKE

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 12:47 pm
damn I wish I would of checked Conquest, I was there. I flew in for the game. Actually I was chilling with DJ Echo from Power on Wed, and Thurs. How did your set go?? There were some HOTTIES there!! FIGHT ON!!

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:44 pm
daguirre10 wrote :
damn I wish I would of checked Conquest, I was there. I flew in for the game. Actually I was chilling with DJ Echo from Power on Wed, and Thurs. How did your set go?? There were some HOTTIES there!! FIGHT ON!!

DJ Echo's (Henry) my boy since the mid-90's (he used to service me with vinyl when he was from MadPro). Tell him me an Rey Soriano said what's up (that's who I did the gig with). He's usually at the BBQ's and parties we have in Carson. I've hit 'em up twice at the past 2 family gathering's about VDJ/VV, and demoed it for him (and everyone else) on our 4th of July BBQ block party (just a few houses down from USC's Hershel Dennis' house who is who we were spinning for).

My set was great! 13 HOURS STRAIGHT (5am - 8pm!) VIDEO AND VISUAL MIXING WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM (and 3 hours the night before from 9- 12am)! =D

Took a picture with Hershel when he came out to hang with us after the game in front of my VDJ/VV set-up with my LCD playing videos next to us (wearing my "USC vs UCLA Crosstown Showdown" shirt right now, as a matter of fact, that he gave me in appreciation for my service).

I'm sure I'll run into you soon daguirre10. me and my crew partner Icy ice are spinning an old school joint this Friday night. If you want to come through, ket me know! =)

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 9:56 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
DAMN... ANY OTHER TIME THEY CHOKE

I aid I'd respond after the game, so here it is:

MWAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Seriously though, my response is that I'm not an SC fan for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

ConQuest wrote :
[quote=daguirre10]damn I wish I would of checked Conquest, I was there. I flew in for the game. Actually I was chilling with DJ Echo from Power on Wed, and Thurs. How did your set go?? There were some HOTTIES there!! FIGHT ON!!

DJ Echo's (Henry) my boy since the mid-90's (he used to service me with vinyl when he was from MadPro). Tell him me an Rey Soriano said what's up (that's who I did the gig with). He's usually at the BBQ's and parties we have in Carson. I've hit 'em up twice at the past 2 family gathering's about VDJ/VV, and demoed it for him (and everyone else) on our 4th of July BBQ block party (just a few houses down from USC's Hershel Dennis' house who is who we were spinning for).

My set was great! 13 HOURS STRAIGHT (5am - 8pm!) VIDEO AND VISUAL MIXING WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM (and 3 hours the night before from 9pm - 12am)! =D

Took a picture with Hershel when he came out to hang with us after the game in front of my VDJ/VV set-up with my LCD playing videos next to us (wearing my "USC vs UCLA Crosstown Showdown" shirt right now, as a matter of fact, that he gave me in appreciation for my service).

I'm sure I'll run into you soon daguirre10. me and my crew partner Icy ice are spinning an old school joint this Friday night. If you want to come through, ket me know! =)

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 9:59 pm
daguirre10 wrote :

Yo daguirre10-

You're not Eric Aguirre (DJ Vice) are you?

I actually don't know how to spell Eric's last name and I know your screenname starts with a "d", but I'm just wondering... maybe you're related?

I met both Eric & Henry back in the mid-90's when my crew (LEGEND Entertainment) worked with their crew at that time, The Makai.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 10:52 pm
No, but I have the same last name. Actually do you know DJ Tremor, Andrew? That's how I know those guys.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:09 pm
daguirre10 wrote :
No, but I have the same last name. Actually do you know DJ Tremor, Andrew? That's how I know those guys.

I'm not sure, but he sounds familiar.

I know Turbulence. He's from 21XL.

Myself, Icy Ice, and J-Solo are the original 21XL dj's (est. '97) before LEGEND & 21XL broke up back in '99.

21XL was just the 21+ version of LEGEND Entertainment that we established for differentiation from our 18+ events.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:20 pm
Man you probably do, he hangs around the skam artist crew, Tremor DJ the classic house a lot. From the Eagle Rock area.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:24 pm
I really don't know many house dj's/turntablists, but maybe if I saw him by face (you know how this business is).

Yeah, the only time I used to go to the Eagle Rock area was back in '97 when myself and VT J-Solo used to go to Vice's house every Thursday night before going to spin at The Muse in Glendale (that was the 1st 21XL club).

Other than that, the only time I'd go up that far north at that time was to kick it there or in Atwater with ... friends. ;)

Then in '98 I went to work for Nick & Eric V. (Baka Boyz - still at Power106 LA, before they moved to 92.3 The Beat) as well as their brother Frank V. (Ghetto Baby Record Pool - which is who Vice worked for when he serviced us the year before).

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:33 pm
Damn!!! That's going way back!! I'm back in TX now, I went to go visit the friends and family last week, but I should be headed out at the end of next month. Hey as a matter of fact, if I cant do it, my buddy might need a DJ I think on the 28TH of Dec, I dont know what the event is for but Tila Tequilla is going to be there and some other peeps, if you might be interested let me know

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)