Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I hope you have a great Thanksgiving !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

filled with family and friends , and many things to be thankful for ......

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Thanks Chuck......right back at you my friend.....

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:10 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Hey chuck, whats all this thanksgiving about, I'm from over the pond, so I don't know what's all about. All I know it's big in the U.S.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:47 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i think it commemorates the first harvest of the founding/pilgrim fathers...

Tayla

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:52 am

Right,

Thanks Tayla. I've learnt something today. I thought it was just a excuse for good food and a jolly good piss up. Lol

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:56 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
tayla wrote :
i think it commemorates the first harvest of the founding/pilgrim fathers...

Tayla

Thats were it originated from Tayla, but now it is a day to give thanks for all we have. In a great many ways we Americans have many things to be thankful for. One of our presidents, I want to say Roosevelt, made it an official holiday in the 30s. Now its a day off work, and an excuse to watch football, and eat lots of good food with family and friends. Also interesting side note, today is hands down the busiest day in the bars/clubs here in the U.S. Its called Black Wednesday and is even more popular than New Years Eve and St. Patrick's Day COMBINED. Pizza deliveries today are more than 60% higher than any other day. It also marks the start of our Christmas Shopping Season, Friday is called Black Friday.

If I am not mistaken, Marcel help a brutha out, Canada has a similar holiday now also. It might be tomorrow or Friday not really sure.

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:00 am

Thanks Tear, It sounds like it's big over their then.

We have St Georges day in England. But the bad news is that we don't get a day off for it, boooooo.

I think any official/national day you should.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:19 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tearemup

i believe your correct canada is now celebrating thanksgiving as well... quickly did this for you guys,(just added the line to the clip) enjoy your day

Tayla

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:21 am
Actually You guys are about a month late.

Canada Already Had it's Thanksgiving. But it's the same Idea - It started as a Harvest celebration sorta thing.

Then moved on to other things Family, Turkey Dinner, Uncle bob getting drunk and hitting on his brothers Girlfriend....That sort of thing.

It Is a Day off, and we have The Thanksgiving Match-ups in football (Canadian Football League) But it happens in October Before Halloween.

So Have Good and Happy Thanksgiving My American Neighbors.

Us Canadians are Getting ready for The GREY CUP GAME!!!!

Championship game For the Canadian Football league.

This Sunday From the Roger's Center in Toronto Ont...........

Winnipeg Blue Bombers v Saskatchewan Roughriders

Gonna Be a good time

"The Prarrie Party in Toronto!!"

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 3:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)