Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: please new dj needs help with timecoded vinyl setup! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a alesis io2 usb audio interface sound card and a gem club dj mixer all in one i need halp to play with virtualdj

Posted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 11:36 am
looshusHome userMember since 2008
if you've got the timecodes working now but the sound is loud crackly and distorted, you've probably plugged into the 'phono' inputs on your mixer, try the 'line' ins, this solved my problem.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 08 @ 1:58 pm
PagerHome userMember since 2009
HELP!!

i have vdj 5 pro

numark tt200

numark analog mixer

serato timecode vinyl

cmedia 4.1 card

now...i have 2 freinds with this exact set up (pretty much) and it all works fine

however...i cant get anything to work...

any help from anyone as i have no idea what im doing...the forums have not got the same problem as i have so please no links

Posted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 8:15 am
PagerHome userMember since 2009
im stuck too

dxm06 mixer (numark)
crap 4.1 soundcard--line in - mic in - frontout - rear out

i know someone who has this working with this setup but for me its not

iv got it like this

decks
left deck into line in
right deck into mic in

mixer
front out to channel1 in
rear to channel2 in

vdj
2x timecodes (releveant
external mixer
4.1 card

vdj only picks up the left deck and doesnt play the track..it only plays the tone on the timecode!!!!????
right deck does nothing but i can here the tone too.

now all of a sudden the decks on vdj start playing back and forth by thenmselves and i have to rstart to stop the problem.

iv nearly killed my laptop/deck and mixer sooo many times due to this stupid problem
still

spent 30 quid on tmecode vinyl whcih DO WORK WITH VDJ yet no one in the world seems to have this problem

any help would be bloody amazing

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 11:31 am
The belt drive turntables do not work with Virtual j, i also had some and just couldn't get it working, i did some research and found people saying the same thing. I sent back mine and got direct drive turntables. I haven't figured out how to hook them up in virtual dj yet, but if you have help me out! if you can please

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 3:32 pm
TTcloudHome userMember since 2012
Hi Guys, Im having a problem too with my timecode setup! I have everything mentioned above and have got a problem with audio. I cant hear the tracks even though they are playing and are fullly responsive to my vinyl. PLEASE HELP ME :)

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 1:24 pm

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 1:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)