Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ***DN-HD2500 Now Offers MIDI & Sound Card Support*** - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
    DENON DJ EVOLVES GROUNDBREAKING PROFESSIONAL MULTIMEDIA PLAYER/CONTROLLER BY ADDING USB MIDI SUPPORT & SOUND CARD FUNCTIONALITY

Model DN-HD2500: A Complete “Nerve Center” for Today’s Working DJs

Itasca, IL, November 10, 2007

— Denon DJ, a leading manufacturer of reliable, premium-grade DJ equipment, today unveiled that its flagship model, DN-HD2500 Media Player & Controller will offer even more versatility by adding USB MIDI/Audio Interface to its arsenal of performance rich features. This newly added function closes the gap for the thousands of computer performance DJs who have been seeking a reliable, high quality, rackmount solution to control their favourite MIDI compatible DJ software without compromise. Many major software vendors such as, PCDJ-Reflex, Serato Scratch LIVE , Virtual DJ, Traktor , MixVibes, and Torq, are just a few who are offering MIDI mapping capabilities and in some cases native support. MIDI mapping provides an open platform for the DJ to determine button function against software features by a simple “learning” procedure offered in such software. The DN-HD2500 connects to a *computer, running your favorite MIDI compatible software. All playback and other controls are transmitted over USB MIDI in real time with near zero latency.

USB Audio & Internal 24-Bit Processing

Most DJ MIDI controllers on the market today don’t include an internal sound card. The DN-HD2500 encompasses its own USB Audio interface (sound card) which eliminates the hassle of sourcing one and spending additional money. The internal power supply deliv-ers optimum electrical specifications, resulting in best possible audio quality & perform-ance featuring industry leading Burr Brown (a product of TI) 24 bit DAC processing for su-perior output audio fidelity. USB Audio interface includes 2-Channel RCA Stereo output jacks, 44.1kHz sampling range and low latency ASIO support.

Other notable features
    The DN-HD2500 comes with its own internal 40GB* hard drive that can store & play thou-sands of MP3/WAV files. Additionally, through the use of a USB Hub, you can connect up to 4 other external USB hard drives loaded with your files. All compatible files can be eas-ily found through its high resolution 3.8” display and USB keyboard by using its multiple search options. Compact Disc playback is still very important and used by many, thus the native support by Denon’s optional dual CD/MP3 player, BU4500 that also plays MP3 discs.

On the performance side
    USB 2.0 transfer speed, instant search and load access up to 50,000 files per USB device, Multiple Hot Starts, Multiple Seamless Loops, Touch Sensitive Scratching with accurate display marker point, 7-Onboard Effects, Auto BPM, Cue/Loop Memory Saving, Deep Pitch Resolution, 6-Pitch Ranges, Cross Fading between files, Custom Playlists, Relay Play between decks, Next File Mode and 4-way redundant instant backup are all what makes the DN-HD2500 the most powerful, undisputed all-in-one Nerve Center for working DJs worldwide.

This free DN-HD2500 firmware update (version 1200) and the ASIO driver are available to all current and future owners free of charge and can be downloaded from www.denondj.com Firmware update is scheduled for public release in mid November 2007

The Denon DN-HD25000 is currently shipping for a US MAP price of $ 899.99

*Note: Supports PC based Windows XP SP2 OS only.
    1GB = 1 billionbytes. Actual formatted storage capacity may be less.

MIDI logo is a trademark of AMEI. ASIO is a trademark and software of Steinburg Media Technologies GmbH. Windows is a registered of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and / or other countries. PCDJ and Reflex are registered trademarks of D1 Audio, Inc. Serato Scratch LIVE is a registered trade mark of Serato Audio Research. Virtual DJ is a product of Atomix Productions. Traktor is a registered trade mark of Native Instru-ments. MixVibes is a registered trade mark of MixVibes.
    Torq is a product of M-Audio a part of Avid Technology, Inc.

About D&M Professional
    D&M Professional, parent of Denon Professional, Marantz Professional and Denon DJ, manufactures and distributes a reliable line of professional audio and video equipment for the broadcast, commercial, corporate, DJ, education, government, audio/visual, education, houses of worship, security, and related industries.
    Visit D&M Professional at www.d-mpro.com.
    or Denon DJ at: www.denondj.com

About D&M Holdings Inc.
    D&M Holdings Inc. is a global operating company providing worldwide management and distribution platforms for premium consumer, automotive, commercial and professional audio and video businesses including Denon®, Marantz®, McIntosh® Laboratory, Boston Acoustics®, Snell Acoustics, Escient®, ReplayTV®, Denon DJ, Calrec Audio, D&M Pro-fessional and D&M Premium Sound Solutions. Our technologies improve the quality of any audio and visual experience. Except as provided above, all product and brand names with a trademark symbol as well as Denon DJ and the Denon DJ logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D&M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries. For more information, visit http://www.dm-holdings.com/.

DISCLAIMER
    Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact may include for-ward looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, market accep-tance for the company's products, ability to meet targeted product launch dates, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.

D&M Professional, 1100 Maplewood Dr. Itasca, IL 60143
    phone: (630) 741-0330 fax: (630) 741-0652

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 6:58 am
this is wonderfull but i think it need a face job but it's all ways good news to see denon working with pc djs

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 8:25 am

Perfect DENON! ;)

Thats exactly what DJ hardware brands should do... Upgrade their "old" controllers to new standards, by adding midi.
Lots of DJ's today dont control a dual rackmount CD player anymore, but rather a dj software.

Again, Denon stand forward as inovative and smart! GOOD WORK Denon!

And for free! NICE

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 2:05 pm
rule of thumb: "if it aint designed for vdj, i aint buyin."

Posted Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 3:41 am
djkz wrote :

Hopefully Denon will be interested in making it work in VDJ too ;)

Posted Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 4:58 am

Posted Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 5:09 am
I prefer denon hc4500 because of the price and the lcd displays since they are independent, denon should have released this controller with midi before, the hard disk included is not neccessary now and you pay twices much the price of the hc4500, so you can get 2 of these controllers for that price and no more advantages.
Do the lcd display work using the xml midi mapper?

Posted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 9:59 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :
djkz wrote :

Hopefully Denon will be interested in making it work in VDJ too ;)

Looks like the work has already started...

XML Mapper is here:
http://denondj.com/dnhd2500/1PHATDJ's_HD2500.zip

You need to get the free? vst plug ins
*Flanger_TexZK.exe
*Forward_Reverse.exe
*Delay.exe

ASIO Driver for HD2500 is here:
http://www.denondj.com/software/DDJAsioDrv100_070820.ZIP

well done "Denon" and well job on finding out this information @ manquin_dj

looks like numark dmc2 is up for a competition.

all we need now is some kind of a video or spec sheet showing how well this product works with vdj.

just checked vdj, looks like 5.05 has been built with Denon's HC 4500 controller in mind.

asio audio and 19" ?? unit rack mount.

but why isn't there a 1 file (make my life simple) download installation for setting up the hc4500 audio, midi, skin, etc. to work with vdj?

by the way. that's a bad @$$ skin

Posted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 10:37 pm
Native support for the HC4500 isn't fully working yet, but it works fine if used as a MIDI controller only (No working LED's/displays.)

Hopefully native support will be fully working in a future VDJ update, and also I am now working on a custom mapper for the HC4500 too.

It would be neat if the HD2500 MIDI is similar to that of the HC4500 - This would make it possible to support both with VDJ native support and/or the mapper.

Posted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 10:48 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Native support for the HC4500 isn't fully working yet, but it works fine if used as a MIDI controller only (No working LED's/displays.)

Hopefully native support will be fully working in a future VDJ update, and also I am now working on a custom mapper for the HC4500 too.

It would be neat if the HD2500 MIDI is similar to that of the HC4500 - This would make it possible to support both with VDJ native support and/or the mapper.

They both share the same MIDI commands for the same buttons, so yes it will work with the exception of button differences and no access to the HD2500 display :(

Posted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 11:17 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
They both share the same MIDI commands for the same buttons, so yes it will work with the exception of button differences and no access to the HD2500 display :(

That's good to hear - Assuming it can be enabled using the HC4500 support in VDJ, it should work with the exception of missing buttons. The mapper may be able to adapted to take the differences into account.

Also, perhaps the HD2500 could emulate the display of the HC4500 on its LCD's - Perhaps split the display in half with top-half for left deck and bottom for right, each emulating the elements of the displays of the HC4500.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 12:00 am
jpboggis wrote :
Also, perhaps the HD2500 could emulate the display of the HC4500 on its LCD's - Perhaps split the display in half with top-half for left deck and bottom for right, each emulating the elements of the displays of the HC4500.

Sorry, the HD2500 display will be closed during MIDI mode.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 12:07 am
Great Job Denon!

So does that mean there will be no future display support for VDJ or is it just in the works?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 7:43 am
Ok, I've looked all over but I am still missing this. After the update how do I get the 2500 into MIDI mode?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 11:12 am
timmyventura wrote :
Ok, I've looked all over but I am still missing this. After the update how do I get the 2500 into MIDI mode?

By the red SOURCE button found on either deck.
Turn parameter knob and select MIDI

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 1:36 pm
It looks like I need the 1200 version but the most recent version on the Denon site is 1100. Are we still waiting for a release?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 9:34 pm
timmyventura wrote :
It looks like I need the 1200 version but the most recent version on the Denon site is 1100. Are we still waiting for a release?

Yes, the press release does state, "mid Nov" release.
Its not out yet.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 9:36 pm
HOW I CAN PASTE THE MIDI TO WORK WITH THE DN HD 2500

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 4:41 am
Go to options/remote control enable midi then click "load" and search the xml file.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 6:08 pm
I've done everything, downloaded and loaded the midi map file, etc. selected, general midi, activated it, tryied with the 4500 option also, Sound is working ok over Denon's ASio, but can't get the controls to work.
Any help ?
Thanks

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:47 pm
69%