Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke Zip Files - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

That's not the issue. It's a new compression standard that VDJ is having a problem with.

BTW, I have come to realize that unzipping and rezipping (even using MP3+G Toolz) will not work for me. I have a 500 gig H/D with 430 gigs of music. Unzipping even 1/10th of the music would max out my H/D.

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 10:16 am
You shouldn't be downloading "zipped" karaoke files. You should be purchasing the originals and creating ZIPPED karaoke files. If you use the method outlined in my blog, you will have files that work 100% of the time.

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 10:37 am
I should be able to zip up the files using a new compression standard (that has been out for 4 years). Time to catch up with the times.

Lord I would love to meet you in person. I love keyboard warriors....

EDITED: Do NOT treat users in this manner. Consider this a nice warning. This kind of language and treatment will not be tolerated!!!!!!
Discobrian24

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 12:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Chopstix...be polite please..I understand getting frustrated..but we try to keep it nice here...Thanks for your understanding...

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 3:00 pm
If you read the entire thread, all he does is bash anyone that is having trouble, saying that they are illegal yadda yadda. However, in his blog, he even admits he used a cracked version of VDJ for who knows how long. Pot? Meet kettle.

The guy antagonizes until people are ready to snap. Perhaps he needs to get a real job instead of sucking off the government and sitting at home posting his opinions.

Now, getting back on topic...

Can you provide a sound engine SDK so us users can actually integrate the new compression?

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 3:17 pm
DJ Chopstix: Anytime you want to meet, name it.

I was NOT responding to you, you've already stated your position on how legal your files are. I was referring to the most recent poster who acknowledged that he had "downloaded" zip files. This is illegal PERIOD!

As far as admitting that (in the past) I had downloaded a cracked version of the program, that was back in 2003 or 2004. I believe I purchased my copy (which so far has been free to continue to upgrade) in 2005. I have an original copy. I also have installed it on over 6 or 7 different computers over the past many years. Now, before you read into that, those are all NEW computers as I replaced with newer technology. I have this software on ONE PC right now and I just purchased a QUAD CORE that I'm building today that will replace the computer I'm on now. Then I will install VDJ on that and this will be formatted and made into a secondary or third computer.

I think, you are ready to snap ALL the time and you just can't accept things the way they are. If you have 400+GB of karaoke tracks, I will guarantee that not every track is legal if you can't accept that word "LEGAL" and it irritates you, maybe it is because you like living on the edge, cutting corners and not following the rules. As a result of NOT following the rules, some times there are penalties. For example, all your karaoke tracks WON'T work if you don't follow the rules. So whose fault is it? VDJ's for not making it work with your illegal/improperly formatted files or yours?

I say it is yours, but you are in denial and will never accept it.

Wanna met? Bring it baby!

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 3:32 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJ CHOPSTIX wrote :
If you read the entire thread,

I did, this thread has been ongoing since before Christmas. Way too long for this kind of heat too still be continuing. Please be polite to each other. Mutual respect is something we all must attempt to do here. I have been in a couple of heated debates...but was reminded to be polite. Keep it civil please, all parties. Thank you for being understanding.

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 3:36 pm
OK... so can we get back to possibly making VDJ open-source or providing a SDK for the sound engine? Regardless of where the files come from, this is the "new" compression standard and VDJ should look into ways of integrating it.

These files are not "improperly formatted". They are simply compressed differently and do work on almost all other software titles out there.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 1:09 pm
and once again I second that, I cannot believe this still has not been sorted, VDJ developers or programmers for god sake sort this out. I know at least 4 highly respected Dj shops and quite a few clubs now that have stopped using vdj because of this very problem and are now using pcdj instead wgich works. Slowly and surely VDJ is becoming a joke. I cannot actually find any other software that supports zipped Mp3+g that does`nt work with these files which again if you have an ounce of inteligence would tell you that its the crappy codec used in vdj and not the zip files....I rest my case.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 5:09 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think this thread should be closed down, it's getting no where fast, although I find it,quite funny. Sticks and stones and all that, lol

Please close it.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 6:08 pm
Sorry dude.. but no one is forcing you to read this thread. Simply sweep past it.

I would love to hear the mods/programmers tell me that they will consider an open-source option or releasing a sound engine SDK. This could all be ended by simply resolving "their" issue. They have admitted to fault, so why is it that the compression that is 3 years old isn't integrated yet?

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 7:37 pm
Temporarily Locked til a teamer can step in here and decide if this nonsense should continue as this thread helps no one.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 9:17 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I can't beleive you guys are still going at it.
Back at Christmas I posted a request to chill out.

I have brought this to development's attention.

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 4:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)