Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke Zip Files - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Here`s an answer i recieved some time ago...

Date: Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 05:24:45
Staff
As answered again, we DO NOT have any timeframe, dev staff has been informed but we have already many more importants things to do. Sorry, but YOU are NOT the only customer. I can understand this is annoying to you, so please be patient, that's all I can say at this time.

Thanks.

How patient do we need to be...... ?

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 10:23 am
Sorry karaokeman,.... but you can argue with Cumshoe all day, throw all the evidence you want at him, and he'll still be right. That's why I stopped replying to him. The coders of VDJ have admitted to me that the problem lies in their software as well. I just got tired of arguing with this arrogant tool.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 10:57 am
Thankyou m8 ! Appreciated..

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 11:46 am
Okay, VDJ sucks, move on to your next abomination (save the English language).

End result, VDJ works for me and me only. Apparently I must have gotten an email that said that I was the ONLY customer because it works for me only. Yippie, it sucks to be you, I guess.

I don't understand all the complaining about this.

And since you are such a PROFESSIONAL (one F) maybe I should bow to your capabilities in this arena. You are right, you are the all mighty karaoke professional. Nobody else on this forum does karaoke (SARCASM).

Just one last piece of advice, if you are going to type run-on sentences, at least download FIREFOX so you can see when you spell incorrectly and save the rest of us your "proffessionalism" [sic]

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 5:48 pm
I will explain "all the complaining" about this....

Straight from VDJ's website....

"Full karaoke support"

Can be referenced from here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

Care to bet that a class action lawsuit for false representation of the software wouldn't end up in a victory?

If you aren't having a problem with the software, why continue hijacking the thread for support?

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 8:57 pm
There is support for karaoke.

And in response to "hijacking" this thread, I hijacked it, in your terms, because the initial intent was to outline where if a person did not encode the CDG disks that they PURCHASED correctly (as outlined in my blog) then they MAY NOT have full support. The only correct way to convert karaoke disks to zip files that will play in VDJ is the way outlined in my blog. Any other way, may not work.

As far as those people (who have admitted here) who have downloaded or purchased on hard disks zip files of another person PRE-ENCODED, those files MAY NOT PLAY, but they can, in most cases, be unzipped and re-zipped in the manner outlined in my blog to create a playable file.

So, my point here (by hijacking) is to point out that VDJ DOES play karaoke disks PROVIDED that they are encoded correctly. I'm sure you will also find that certain Divx and Xvid files may not play correctly with VDJ, and that would be the mistake of the person who encoded it. Encoding IS a tricky thing be it CDG or VIDEO

All the complaining that I have seen has been oriented towards a few files, mostly ones that people don't own OR where the individual did not follow recommended compression ratios.

That YOU can't read that I've typed this OVER AND OVER again, and that other people (in fact I think you were one of them) have been able to take files that were compressed improperly, decompress them, then re-compress them as outlined by my blog or by another persons suggested manner exhibits that karaoke tracks DO play on VDJ and your arguments are moot.

As far as legal proceedings, that's an idle threat and you wouldn't get a case out if it. It would be kicked on a 12(b)(6) motion and you'd be liable for the legal fees of VDJ for a nuisance suit. VDJ would subpoena your computer, and they would evaluate where all the files came from and they would show to the judge that YOU did not follow proper protocol for acquiring the files OR compressing them and you'd be laughed at.

I'll stop hijacking this post when you can provide a NEW problem with karaoke, this is not NEW it is a known issue as I've been saying since the beginning. Also, if you consider this a BUG, then it belongs in the BUG forum, but if you go over there they are going to tell you what I've been saying all along (even in this reply): Decompress, re-compress with less compression.

Mkay!

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 10:12 pm
Really? Why don't you go back in your hole. I am NOT going to reconvert all of my files and where I got them is irrelevant to the case so long as they are encoded in a karaoke format.

The listing as "FULL KARAOKE SUPPORT" to a consumer says "will work with ALL popular karaoke formats." Not to mention I have 3 emails where they stated back in 3.4 that it was a problem with their software and they were working on it.

I have plenty of family that would be willing to take the case pro bono. I never wanted it to go this far, but man you're really pissing me off.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 12:18 am
MTU has been in the software writing business since 1968. I believe they were the first to introduce audio from mp3's into computer formats other than Apple. They were the first to link up an audio/video style of karaoke. The owners are nearly 20 years older than the 41 year old guy who seems to know it all. MTU was working on these first pieces of software before this guy was born.

Hoster....fiddly????? never crashed for me! Simplicity and user friendliness is their motto, they don't deviate and answer everyones concern personally about bugs and corrects them. Their newer versions have been fixing the key-changing ability (which I use once a month only) and any other features that were mentioned derogatorily on here.

Hoster offers many more karaoke type user-friendly features than any of its "karaoke " competitors. I have successfully used both VDJ and Hoster (by MTU) together for years. I often project videos to two or more screens and thru a projector. I am the highest paid karaoke Host in my area only because I am told that I do a lot more at my shows and that they are much much more user friendly. Sort of like a microsoft-thing, after you have used it for a time, you have no real need or care to change over to apple! In fact you hope you don't ave to. That's how my shows are viewed in comparison to others around here.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 5:30 am
Chopstix is illegal, and that does matter. He should not, although he insists he should, blame his stolen property's use on VDJ.
And if he becomes pissed off over "words on a screen", (which is all we are to each other at this point), then he need not read the words.
:) :)

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 5:34 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Guys, we really need to cool this down please.

It's the holiday season, and this is getting pretty rough.

As far as formats supported and the wording, VDJ is not perfected in the Karaoke arena as any of us would like it to be.
The fact remains that if the cd+g discs are ripped properly they will present and function.
Hoster is specific in their own way also, so this is a wording technicality that could use a bit of a pardon.

Atomix continues to strive to perfect all the different issues and satisfy the desires of the professionals that use it.

Lets try to act like professionals here.

Happy Holidays
r

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 6:08 am
"You better watch out, you better not cry...."

Sorry, I was just using my VDJ to sing a few karaoke Christmas songs. See, they work for me because I paid for and converted the tracks correctly as I've stated all along and now VDJ has reinforced this.

So, I'll go back to singing my karaoke using this wonderful product (no slight to MTU's, but I like the convenience of one program rather than two).

Merry Christmas Everyone....

Oh, and DJ Chopstix too... may you get some REAL KARAOKE CDs for this Christmas and convert them correctly.

HO HO HO!

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 11:04 am
""Guys, we really need to cool this down please.

It's the holiday season, and this is getting pretty rough.

As far as formats supported and the wording, VDJ is not perfected in the Karaoke arena as any of us would like it to be.
The fact remains that if the cd+g discs are ripped properly they will present and function.
Hoster is specific in their own way also, so this is a wording technicality that could use a bit of a pardon.

Atomix continues to strive to perfect all the different issues and satisfy the desires of the professionals that use it.

Lets try to act like professionals here. ""

Exactly what I was trying to say, or at least mean.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 7:09 pm
FWIW, I think you misunderstood. I did purchase the software legally :)

They think that because a few of my old karaoke songs (which all work) were purchased in bulk, that I am at fault for the software not working. It is however, my Sound Choice albums (which I OWN the hard copies to) that do not work.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 2:17 pm
You guys just won't drop it... I have plenty a Sound Choice CDG that I've converted to MP3+G format and they work fine. Extracting them, however, can sometimes be a problem but there are work arounds for this.

I bow to your being right and me being wrong still... whatever.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 3:54 pm
Simple, we will drop it when the problem goes away......... Let hope in 5.7 it`s fixed.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 5:04 pm
So, by your logic, if the music industry is releasing music with anti-(enter your favorite group/ideology/race here) lyrics you'd continue to complain that VDJ is the reason?

VDJ works fine for karaoke is my whole point. I'd love to know the disk numbers of those Sound Choice that you can't seem to get to work, I'll check my collection and verify that they DO work...

Gee, that sounds like a wonderful idea. If I don't have the disk, I will even go out and buy it just to shut you guys up and prove that they work, OR in the worst case scenario to show you how to make them work.

Oh wait, you don't want to do that... you don't want to find out that the problem is on YOUR end, not VDJs... if it is VDJs fault then you can demand (unreasonably) that they fix it... and when they don't, you can make everyone's life uneasy with your threats of lawsuits, angry emails and posts... I'm sorry, I don't want to disrupt that, or do I?

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 5:34 pm
Gumshoe.. If I had encoded them "FOR" VDJ I suppose they would work. However, I should not have to reload all my CDs in a old format for them to work. VDJ has admitted to being at fault, so WTF are you babbeling about?

BTW, I just RELOADED 8716 with both the new and old formats. Old works fine, new compression does not. I will be damned if I am going to re-load all my 6000-8000 series discs one by one. Though since you are a want to be vigilante, I can take pictures of all my discs to show you.

Long story short, again, VIRTUAL DJ ADMITTED FAULT!!!!!! So take your opinions and run in front of a train.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 6:01 pm
gracias

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 4:58 pm
I second the suggestion for mp3g 2 zip, a great free program and does a really good job, all my karaoke files are zipped using this.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 4:49 am
I had an issue with some zipped files I downloaded and think I found an issue....

If this has been addressed then sorry but some of the files that worked when unzipped just had the two files.

The files that didn't work were zipped within a folder and that was why they didnt work.

I unzipped all the new files and they all worked only after I moved them from the unzipped folder to the root folder.

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 12:57 am
75%