Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke zips problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am wondering as i posted a request about this almost a year ago and had no response as to whether the developers are intending to resolve the issues with karaoke zip files in VDJ. The current situation having to unzip and rezip your files is totally unaceptable for any KJ with a large collection of files and until i can use my karaoke through VDJ i am stuck using other software for the karaoke when i really want a an all in one solution. It is obviously an issue with the decoder as my files work with any number of other karaoke hoster programs just not VDJ which shouldnt be that hard to resolve as a lot of other products do it flawlessly. Some feedback on this would be nice as i cant wait to be able to change from BPM and swift elite over to VDJ for everything but i am reluctant to spend my money on something that wont work for me.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 9:27 pm
VDJ works wonderfull with karaoke zip files. There's no unzipping! I'm working with it.

Mitch

Posted Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 2:05 pm
yeah it works gret except no place to put singers name in...would be helpful...no license user should just buy vdj....lol

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 7:42 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
black velvetus

why dont you use text2d in the mean time, got a few effects in there i'm sure you could utilise...

Tayla

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 12:45 pm
why buy something that doesnt work correctly??

i have searched throughthe forums and have seen numerous threads on this problem and everytime they update vdj i download the demo in the hope that they have fixed it and i can buy a working version but i am still waiting as the latest version is the same as all the previous ones with regard to this problem.

Seems strange that the developers are not addressing this problem nor do they seem to have any intention of doing so judging by how long this issue has been ongoing.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 12:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dj wayne

i've got about 6;500 karaoke files on an external hard drive and they are used very rarely but have never encountered any problems with vdj, just plug it into the usb and a way it goes no probs...

Tayla

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 12:52 pm
Thats fine for you i have 100,000+ karaoke tracks and a lot simply wont load in VDJ where they will load and play perfectly well in other programs, that tells me one thing it isnt the files at fault its VDJ.

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 2:06 pm
I think this may be the zip incompatability thing. As it's never happened to me I'm working from memory, someone else will no doubt clarify. It's something to do with I think mp3gtoolz or some similar util that doesn't conform properly to zip rules and you have to change a setting in the software somewhere to alter it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about & can clarify?

FYI I use tricerasoft CDG ripper, it's fast but rips superbly, great quality, then i use a free tool called mp3g2zip :-

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/MP3-GDG-to-ZIP.shtml

Brilliant piece of software especially since it's free!

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 4:23 pm
Yeah there was issues with a version of mp3gtools before and I was one that had the issue as well and the only way to make them work is to unzip the files and re zip them in windows and not with mp3gtools or a proggy that Tophouse has suggested.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 12:23 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Yeah there was issues with a version of mp3gtools before and I was one that had the issue as well and the only way to make them work is to unzip the files and re zip them in windows and not with mp3gtools or a proggy that Tophouse has suggested.

That was a problem I had with version 5.0 but after the revisions I have had no problems with 8500 files. P@40

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 12:31 am
Ok am I the only person having trouble with the mp3&cdg2zip app? Everytime I download it and try to install it it says "some of files could not be created" and if I just try to run it from the download location I can't change the directory drop down to where my ripped karaoke songs are????

I am totally new to digital karaoke so if anyone would like to walk em through ripping and zipping my cdg files so I only have one track listing in my folder to play on VDJ/Cue, that would be much appreciated.

Background info: I am using Audiograbber to rip. I am not checking mp3 setting yet selecting grad cdg tracks to .cdg + compressed file. I have my setttings for mp3 compression set how I like them already.

Ripping regular audio tracks, piece of cake, karaoke is a whole other story:(

HELP, please!!!!

Thanks

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 9:06 pm
MP3+G TOOLZ was used to zip my 40000 plus songs and VDJ works fine with them its when they are not correctly tagged and zipped where a fault will occur. They also worked fine with PCDJ KJ but not with swift elite a piece of software which i took legal action against and was refunded. But thats another issue down stream, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole in my opinion.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 10:41 pm
WTF???? I can't get either program to download onto my office computer???

Each program starts installing then comes up with some error and can't finish????

Can anyone walk me through ripping cdg's from start to finish including what programs they are using to rip and process and what the settings they have found to be beneficial? Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 12:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)