Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Norway gives Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore & U.N.'s Panel on Climate Change - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

We will have to convert to Solar powered speakers for out door picnic events, and Energy Star Amplifiers.
They should make there moto:

GOING GREEN WITH VIRTUAL DJ

Seriously though, this is a criticle situation that we are facing and will continue to face. I was reading an article today on CNN.com that the drought in Atlanta is so bad, that they only have 122 days left of water from a lake that provides them Fresh Water(Not saying they don't have a back up source, I'm sure they do, this is there main source). The Great Lakes around Michigan are shrinking. South Florida is current facing a dangerous water shortage as Lake Okachobee is 5 feet below normal and is also shrinking.

CNN also reported that the North polar area set a record high of 58 degrees!!!! Alaska is setting records in the 90s. If this isn't Global Warming, then I don't know what is. [Degrees Fahrenheit]

[I look at a lot of CNN at work because they have a lot of stuff blocked by a firewall, so we are limited to what we can access... BUT I GET VIRTUALDJ.com! ]

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 8:40 am

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 12:59 pm
i was reading about him not setting the example ...... because of his limo ????? ...... look , this is how that works ....... the secret service guys walk into the room and say " excuse us Mr. Vice President , but your bulletproof , heavily armored vehicle that we insist you be transported in , is ready "

in the U.S. our presidents and veeps get a secret service detail for life ...... i definitely don't care what kinda gas mileage it's getting .......

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 4:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 4:48 pm

I thought this thread was done..

But to just repeat myself once again..

THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WAS NOT TO AL GORE PERSONALLY OR TO HOW HE CONDUCTS HIS PERSONAL LIFE

its not about how he has a ranch, or what car he drives..

The Peace Prize was given to a MOVEMENT, where Gore is an excellent spokesperson and icon. Devided between him and the UN Pannel on Climate.

They work for Global awareness about the huge proglem we might face regarding our pollution of the environment, and the prize is about that, and not how Gore might drive a limo, or not

Peace ;)

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 4:56 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

I thought this thread was done..

But to just repeat myself once again..

THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WAS NOT TO AL GORE PERSONALLY OR TO HOW HE CONDUCTS HIS PERSONAL LIFE

its not about how he has a ranch, or what car he drives..

The Peace Prize was given to a MOVEMENT, where Gore is an excellent spokesperson and icon. Devided between him and the UN Pannel on Climate.

They work for Global awareness about the huge proglem we might face regarding our pollution of the environment, and the prize is about that, and not how Gore might drive a limo, or not

Peace ;)

amen (or whatever phrase you wish to use from your favorite form of religion/atheism)

lock it and put it to bed.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 9:22 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
Congrats all Americans, and a victory for the global environment fight

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/10/12/nobel.gore/index.html

Beautiful vindication for the rightful winner of the 2000 presidential elections here in the U.S.

Glad he joined Apple Computer's Board of Directors at that time too - http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/gore.html

Obviously an honorable, inspirational, and intelligent man. ;)

chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
did you hear about the full page ad ($65,000) in the New York Times ??? there's some Americans wanting him to run for President ..... myself included

Yup. I'm backing that movement as well.

If he doesn't run though, I hope he throws support behind a good candidate so that I can support them then.

Visit http://www.DraftGore.com/ to sign the petition to encourage him to run for the 2008 elections!

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 3:34 am

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 3:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)