Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0 rev4 is released - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

BardossHome userMember since 2006
good work! keep going...

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 12:20 am
djenzHome userMember since 2006
amazing keep it up

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 12:41 am
Downloaded VirtualDJ 5.0 rev4 yesterday but having major problems with the setup. At the point of selecting the skin of choice, i keep getting an "installation error" message. Can someone help me fix this problem.

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 12:50 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cstoll wrote :
Make sure you go back to the Codecs tab and make sure your settings didn't change for the .wmp extension -- might need to set it back to Windows Media Player Video decoder.

ok, i tried this file again, i re-ripped it no joy. tried it on my laptop in rev 2 was ok updated to rev 4 and didn't work. weird one.

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfs wrote :
cstoll wrote :
Make sure you go back to the Codecs tab and make sure your settings didn't change for the .wmp extension -- might need to set it back to Windows Media Player Video decoder.

ok, i tried this file again, i re-ripped it no joy. tried it on my laptop in rev 2 was ok updated to rev 4 and didn't work. weird one.

OK, what did you rip it as? What is the extension? And what is the extension set to in the Codecs tab ?

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 12:11 am
ripped to mpg-2

extension is .mpg

codec is video decoder

the other's off the same dvd work ok

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 12:38 am
very odd indeed... what is the track ? Do you think you can upload it some where and have me download it and see if it will work at my end? And, if it doesn't OR even if it does I will try to get the DevTeam's attention and have them look at it.

You can find my email address in my blog. Just send me the link that way or via a Private Message and I will let you know when I have it so you can take down the link.

cstoll

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 2:13 am
its about 156mb do you know of a site i can upload to? the only ones i've found allow 100mb.

the track is mika - big girls (you are beautiful)

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 4:43 am

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 12:24 pm
ok, but do you know somewhere i can upload the file?

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 12:37 pm
Unfortunately I don't - maybe try zipping it...

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 3:58 pm
yeah, still too big

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:44 pm

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 10:48 pm
Don't worry, your post didn't disappear. Just moved it up so not everyone can use it to download.

I am downloading it now. Will let you know what I see/find.

cstoll

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:21 am
thanks, its a weird one. i uninstall rev4 and go back to rev2 it works. but the fact that the other mpg's off the same dvd work ok is very strange.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 2:34 pm

video doesnt work here either, and have lots of pops in the sound.

Try to rip it again, and see if it was just a corrupted file

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:14 pm

It works using Windows Media Player as decoder in VDJ, but takes for ever to load

Will send your file to dev team

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:23 pm
yeah, i get the pops too and kind of speeded up, i did re-rip the dvd and still the same. restored back to rev2 and is ok.
very strange.

i sent a msg to support but got no reply.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:33 pm
djaoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I learned not to install an update for the program before a very big gig, at least It made it through after about a half hour trying to debug it, but still waiting for a release now for this revision, because that is not going work if I have another gig soon.
at least some of the other bugs are no longer there!
but now I have an even bigger bug...so I don't know

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 6:38 am
djao wrote :
I learned not to install an update for the program before a very big gig, at least It made it through after about a half hour trying to debug it, but still waiting for a release now for this revision, because that is not going work if I have another gig soon.
at least some of the other bugs are no longer there!
but now I have an even bigger bug...so I don't know

Well, please share your experience so we can understand what the problem is that you are implying. Can't fix what we don't know ?

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 6:44 am
89%