Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Text Plugin... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just personally Ive allways wanted a scroller or text plugin that woks the same as the TV stations use. IE text, with a thin black outline around the actual letters. That way it always appears over your video, and a white video wont wash out white text. A box around the text may take up too much video real estate.

Don't think it would be easy to code though.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 12:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Would it be possible to make this for mac too , then mac users would love you for ever (in a straight sense of course ) :)

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
halo_djk wrote :
Just personally Ive allways wanted a scroller or text plugin that woks the same as the TV stations use. IE text, with a thin black outline around the actual letters. That way it always appears over your video, and a white video wont wash out white text. A box around the text may take up too much video real estate.

Don't think it would be easy to code though.

Actually, you could theoretically calculate the offset between two font sizes and just overlay them. Obviously not tested, but I can look to add this option. I've not added the box option at all yet in this version :)

Skyfxl, I have xcode installed on a Mac to compile both this and my xponent mapper - I've not got around to using it all yet, but hopefully I can work it out ;)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:14 am
SBDJ,

My testresults are wonderfull !!!

First of all, it's a great plugin.
Second is that it's a big advantage that you can make a real large scrolling advertisement.
Last but not least is that you can change the place where you will see the scrolling text with your mouse and of course changing the font size.

No problems with this plugin.

For me it is one of my favorite plugins.

Great job SBDJ !!!

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 1:37 pm
Anyway you can email me the skin for me to test as well?

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:24 pm
halo_djk; this the sort of thing you wanted to see?

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 2:01 am
Looks good SBDJ.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 6:13 am
Wow, that looks ery nice! Can't wait for that to come out as plugin! (More than happy to help with beta testing aswell, just PM me if you want)

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 7:17 am
Yup thats the one, usually would use black outline, but as yours is red, I suspect the outline is custom changeable, and that would be a bonus too.
Yup spot on.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 8:42 pm
Was only set to red so you could actually see it ;)

Was running with a black outline all night last night, you're right, very effective at making the text stand out. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 9:53 am
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Scott
Hows the project going any release date picked? You are a genius.
Sean

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 3:58 pm
Sbdj ... U are the man great work on behalf of us who aint got a clue .. Lol

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 5:11 am
Scot could i plz av a try with ur txt scroller if so how do i get it ... EMAILREMOVED@.com many thanx again gr8 work

[MOD] Home users are not permitted to post email addresses.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 5:19 am
Plugins are only available to users with an appropriate license. You will need to purchase a license in order to download this and other great add-one.

Thanks for understanding.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 5:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)