Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Home edition in the United States

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I hung up my turntables a long, long time ago, but I wanted to get back into mixing some music for fun while at home. I dont need the timecode records or any hardware. Just looking for a simple inexpensive answer to quench my craving to mix music from time to time. I am unable to find Virtual DJ Home edition in the United States.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have also seen version 4.0 and 4.1 for sale. Are those worth purchasing?

Thanks
Alexei89

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 1:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You don't want Home Edition - it's based on the old version 3.4. Either buy the Latest Pro version here - http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/ OR, If you are looking for OFF-the-Shelf -- buy the NUMARK CUE product -- same but branded by Numark.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 3:20 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi Alexi89,

Welcome back mixing

Don't Know if you can buy the Home Edition in the States, I live in England I purchased a Hercules DJ Console MK2 and it comes with, I think the home version 3.4, It has less features than the pro version but it should do you for your needs

The console, which is a soundcard, controller and basic mixer or in one is well worth buying on it's own, but it's even better with the VDJ software. I don't Know what the price of it in the states. I picked one up for 135 pounds ( roughly $270 I think).

I would advice you to have a look at it.

Last thing, the VDJ versions you have seen for sale, stay clear off, they are prob cracked versions off the original pro version. They might work, but they will be bugs in them and are probally illegel copies.

Help this helps you mate,

Jimmy b.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 3:21 am
Thanks guys. I figiured they were cracked illegal versions which I wanted to stay away from. The only version I have been able to find in the states is the Numark Cue version for $499. That is much more than I wanted to spend.. I will give the Hecules a look or I might just bite the bullet and download the pro version. Thanks for the help!
Alexei89

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 8:25 am

if you are on a tight budget, the Numark TotalControl comes with free "home edition" (same as...), called Numark Cue LE

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 5:13 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah..But NTC is a controller only while mk2 is a controller too plus a soundcard. N Cue LE is based on VDJ 4.1 but u cant upgrade to pro with a discount while DJC is based on V3.4 but u can upgrade with a discount.. Its ur called but seriously, going straight to pro is the way to go:) Cue, Vdj n NVV is the same .

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 6:05 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
Yeah..But NTC is a controller only while mk2 is a controller too plus a soundcard. N Cue LE is based on VDJ 4.1 but u cant upgrade to pro with a discount while DJC is based on V3.4 but u can upgrade with a discount.. Its ur called but seriously, going straight to pro is the way to go:) Cue, Vdj n NVV is the same .

agree... its a far better deal to get the pro version, no doubt

Posted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 6:08 pm
If I download the pro version, can I then, later on use one of the Hercules consoles?

Posted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 7:06 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes u can but the herc djc edition only werk with the console attached.. So using Pro is the best:)

Buy the legit pro is the answer...

Just remember owning djc edition only permit u 1 license on 1 system all the time
Pro edition permit u 2 license on 2 system at all time.

Posted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 1:50 pm
I started out with the Hercules MK2 and the version that came along with it, but found that the included version was a bit too stripped-down for serious mixing, and that I could not access many desired effects and plugins from the site. I have since upgraded to pro and I've never been happier using this version with the MK2 controller. They go very well together IMO, the mixes sound very good, indeed ;)

Posted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:12 pm
evbartHome userMember since 2007
Yeah, I just got the DJ Console MK2 and found out that it comes with a really stripped version 3.4, which doesnt even handle ID3 tags. Thats really frustrating considering it says that it can handle MP3s on the box.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 11:36 am
I bought DJ Mixstation 3 from Amazon, it would not work, and was returned to Amazon. This is the US version of the Home Edition, and it's unfortunate nobody knows this when they buy it from Amazon. Huge waste of time, and impossible to find HOme Editon in US, shame, as it's a great product (If the Demo is any measure)

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)