Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vci 100

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like a reply from a vdj member of staff regarding will we have full support for the vestax vci 100 ? not a vdj user.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 7:53 pm
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
In v5 there is full support for the vci 100!

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 11:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The VCI-100 is a MIDI Controller. In Version 5 the MIDI features were improved upon and several people have posted success in using the VCI-100 with VirtualDJ v5.

Before you comment on button illumination - those are features not controllable via simple MIDI utilization. The function generating elements of the controller are programmable and that is what works.

Future releases may include more Enhanced Support to the controller - however, that is yet to be determined.

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 11:51 pm
the vci is not fully supported as you cant map the jogs so you can use the glass and the touch sensor.
the illumination is controled by midi note messages as stated in the manual. as you say its a midi controller and traktor is sofware as is vdj .
if traktor can do it why cant vdj ???? but maybe thats why traktor is a pro app.
And cstoll are you vdj staff ?

Posted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 5:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
discobobsie wrote :
I would like a reply from a vdj member of staff regarding will we have full support for the vestax vci 100 ? not a vdj user.

You asked if the VirtualDJ has 'FULL' Support for the VCI-100. I gave you the information about what is supported by VirtualDJ.

discobobsie wrote :
the vci is not fully supported as you cant map the jogs so you can use the glass and the touch sensor

Name: Vestax VCi-100 (Jogwheels Mapped)
Author: djbigga - Professional edition user -
Description:
Vestax mapping, jog wheels scratch in vinyl mode and pitch bend in non-vinyl mode
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=3760

discobobsie wrote :
the illumination is controled by midi note messages as stated in the manual. as you say its a midi controller and traktor is sofware as is vdj
if traktor can do it why cant vdj ????

VirtualDJ supports the receiving of MIDI commands (NOTES) and not sending MIDI commands (NOTES). So, no Traktor and VirtualDJ are not the same in the way they implement MIDI. Could they be, sure. But are they now, NO.

discobobsie wrote :
but maybe thats why traktor is a pro app

To each their own opinion and conclusion of what is considered PRO or NOT PRO

Here are additional threads you can look at to better understand the configuration of the VCI-100 --
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75646/Hardware_Technical_Support/Has_VCI_support_been_added_to_VD5___YES_.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75329/General_Discussion/Does_it___Vestax_VCI-100_.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/76706/Hardware_Technical_Support/Vestax_VCI-100_Jogweels_-_Working_XML_file.html

Posted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 9:03 pm
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whilst the jogwheels are mapped in my xml file.
I do wish we could have support improved a bit for the next major release. The vci-100 is a bench mark of the way midi DJ controllers are heading. Virtual DJ is the best software out there. It really needs to nativly support what I think is the best controller out there!

Just my tuppence.

B

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 3:00 pm
Well, I've read through the threads posted in this thread and managed to configure my VCI-100's jogwheels to be able to scratch HOWEVER THEY DO NOT WORK AS EXPECTED.

The VCI-100's jogwheels are touchsensitive and as I've understood it I should be able to put my finger on one of the wheels and the music should stop for as long as I keep pressure on the wheel, then when I release it it should start.

This does not work after editing xml with code suggested in the threads related to this topic.

Is it not possible with VDJ as of today or am I doing something wrong?

I just returned a Numark Total Control to a vendor and bought the VCI-100 to get this touch-sensitiveness...

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 5:48 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I will confirm that - yes - when you touch the top of the platter, it should react like real vinyl would, and stop. That's what it does when used with Traktor. I am still using Traktor 3.2 and the VCI works like a charm....now, only if I was super keen on Traktor....but there are some features that I am looking for it doesn't have.....like video....so that's why I am hanging out in these forums....waiting for the MAC version to get solid....

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 11:50 pm
Damn it, I consider the VCI 100 far more superior to numerous hardware on the market actually, and im still bound to Traktor DJ because of the lack of real support for the Vestax, please make it happen, i tried VDJ on some friends Hardware and its really rock solid and more ergonomic than Traktor! Im still holding my wallet because i cant get to use it because of lack of support. like KKorpos i also have the disavantage of using a Mac, though i have the dual boot so i can use XP too, just i'd rather use a good mac version since the Os x is more reliable.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 2:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)