Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV/TCCD Setup Manual - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys,

Just thought you might need something to help if anyone is stuck on configurating TCV/TCCD Manually.

Firstly you should adjust the gain untill the wave forms look like the below image, the wave should reach the top and bottom of the window but not go outside of it, slightly lower will also work well with 1-3cm from top. Then you should adjust the silence possibly 1-5 cm further than the gain looking something like the image below. If you dont have an 100% yet dont freak out thats because you havnt set everything yet.

However if it looks something like this and the wave turns into squares you have set the gain too high. So the image below is what your wave should NOT look like.

Now click advanced config and you should now see Down/Up sliders. Next to the window you should see two radio buttons(dots). Click on the second one down. Now in the wave window you should see 3 lines consisted of many dots. You should try adjust the Up(which reprisents the red line) to be inline with the very highest line consisted of little white many dots. Then adjust the Down(which reprisents the green line) to the very lowest line consisted of many little white dots. There should be neither UP or DOWN/GREEN or RED line touching the middle line.

This is an WRONG example of what it should look like. As you can see there is no 100% singal and the lines are not touching as I explained they should be.

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 7:15 pm
great guide, thanx

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 7:58 pm
The second "radio button" is only for vinyl users right?

Edit: Guess not... must be something new, I've never noticed it before.

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 2:16 am
Just wondering on some input.

Would you guys like a more advanced guide aswell for more experianced users explaining all the dots and line and technical mumbo jumbo? Or does this do just fine?

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:18 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes i think it is betta if u have more input sir:)

Thanks..

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:08 am
cbf improving it, if someone else wants to they can. other than that lock this thread someone please

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:40 pm
thanks for the info

but i had it ajusted in the lines and still got a buzz sound from one side .( i have two sound cards) i have the cd player split into two side ( i also tryed the maya44 usb sound card.and two sound cards ,not at the same time ) when i use the sound cards the program only use one sound card at a time (i used to be able to use two cards at once)

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 5:35 pm
a friend of mine who has the pro version (but no internet access at the moment unfortunately) recently purchased a maya 44 usb soundcard with relevant cables and 2 x numark virtual vinyl tcvs

he's tried all of your steps listed in this tutorial but is still getting 0% timecode quality

additionally we tried a demo version of dj decks (to see if it was in fact a problem with virtual dj or if we actually had everything wired incorrectly) and downloaded a "virtual dj tcv plugin" for it and it worked 100% perfectly (timecode quality listed as 100% on both decks)

therefore the problem must lie within virtual dj. is it because he tried it with numark virtual vinyl (and if so, are there any plugins available to make this work?)

strange how it worked perfect with djdecks but has issues with virtual dj...:/

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:47 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
browser track , smart cue ??? wat do they do?

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 4:50 am
Hi! I purchased 2 TCV from numark, and i can't config, I have the same problem with the signal, is 0% timecode quality, with a bcd 300, and with a x-fi fatal1ty, any ideas?

CPU:

Procesor core 2 quad 2.4
4 gb RAM
Motherboard GA-N650 SLI-DS4
Video Radeon X1950 Pro
Audio Sound Blaster X-Fi fatal1ty Edition

Control MIDI:

BCD3000

TCV's:

Numark Virtual Vinyl

Thanks

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 2:01 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do you get any wave at all?

is it big or small , try to compare it to what it should look like above

if its too small try the preamp

if its to loud reduce the gain

try setting autolatency in performance options too

options > performances

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 12:10 pm
Ok, I'm trying to get the right thing with the tcv, but... with the bcd300, it begins to work...about 5 seconds, and then freeze, not the machine, the tcv "lecture", it works for whiles, and, with the x-fi directly, the configuration goes right, but not work beyond...in both cases i never get the "time code quality", my bcd works fine 'til I upgrade my procesor in september, i had a pentium D, and now a core 2 quad, and I have this problems with the sound, and the x-fi...,'til then I use my bcd only like a midi control and the audio goes thru my x-fi, but now I want to work with tcv's, and i'm really dissapointed, I'm really desperate!!!

Somebody Help Me!!!

Ok, Here is a link to a video (wmv format), where i try to explain my frustrations, hehehehehe, if you\'re a charitable soul, hehehehe, please watch, is very boring, the actor is really ugly, hehehehe, but I'm Desperate!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8dntnrmsd9z

One more time thanks, and sorry for my bad explanations and my bad english...

Thanks Skyfxl, i hope you can help me...

Happy New Year for all!!!

PS I'm not using the BCD Asio and the X-Fi Asio at the same time...Is it possible? Duh!

Posted Tue 25 Dec 07 @ 11:42 pm
Howdy just a thought it is possible you may be experiencing a hardware conflict on your machine between the bcd and something else.

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

The bcd has a couple of chip issues which can cause these hardware issues , check out the above link to learn about conflicts

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 3:19 pm
ok, thank you very much skyfxl!!! again, I'l try and post then...

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 3:34 pm
could you aslo get me screenshot of your sound configuration?

which cartridge / needle (styli ) do you use?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 3:48 pm
Hi everyone I have the virtual dj program by itself full version 5.0 but I want to fully use it w/ my turntables can I use esi u46dj usb external sound card- recording interface and then just buy the timecode vinyl? THANKS

Posted Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:41 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pls don't post more than one thread abt specific question. U already have ur answer in the other threads. Thanks.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 11:18 pm
menappiHome userMember since 2006
0% timecode signal here Also with Numark VV Vinyls. What's the deal???

Posted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 3:44 pm
what soundcard do you use?

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 7:38 am
menappiHome userMember since 2006
SB audigy 2 zs plat pro, I've read from a few people on here that it should work perfectly. On both decks is 0% signal, left deck will play mp3's though fine, can backspin, etc fine, no needle drop though. right deck has garbled sound coming out , sluggish too. I'm using the sb asio driver too, is that ok? or do i need to use asio4all cause my card has asio2.0 drivers.

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 3:35 pm
25%