Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 5.0 rev2 is released - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wbricePRO InfinityMember since 2006
But there are no real answers that I have been able to find. Maybe I'll have to just use my CD/DVD players until the vinyl issues get fixed.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 9:03 pm
cstoll wrote :
wbrice this is being discussed extensively in the Hardware forum.

Where is this on the hardware forum?

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 9:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:13 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have found another problem in automix mode. first one was if two songs were next to each other it would stick on that song, second is, i loaded a few videos in the playlist, had it on repeat, when it got to the end of the list about to repeat the list the first song would start to mix then it would drop it off and play the next one but with no video showing, it started the slide show instead.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 3:29 am
Karaoke problem still exists. Ok. 've been watching the posts and it seems no one else has the Karaoke problem I've been struggling with. I installed 5.0 again with ll my harddrives hooked up an then installed 5.0 Rev 2 nd I have the same exact problem as before. Click on any video or mp3 folder and the cotentsshow up in therecord case browser window. Click on th karaoke folder, and the program locks up. I have to cntrl, ALt Del to get out of it. Why is this happening. in 4.3 I have no problems at all. When I click on the karaoke foilder in the left broiwser window, it opens up almost instanly and shows all the files. 5.0 and 5.0 Rev. 2 crash when I click on the karaoke folder. It's not corrupted files or hard drive because I already checlked.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:56 am
I would try right clicking it first and adding it to the search database. If these files arent scanned then a hang will happen. I have had this happen to my 10000 karaoke files. Are these files broken up into different folders???? If so I would click on the little + next to the folder to open and then see what happens.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:33 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i had about 3 crashes last night on one of my systems, i'm puttin 4.3 back on it!

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 12:57 pm
With the karaoke files issue - suggest following discobrian's suggestion about the smaller chucks.

1. If they are zipped files the VirtualDJ has to read through the zip to find the ID3Tag information on the MP3 (extra processing)
2. Also, the first time out with an upgrade from 4, it needs to find the file in the old database and properly associate it to the new database format.

I also experienced the problem and yes it does take a little patience and doing things in smaller chucks.

cstoll

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 3:27 pm
Zip file folders should never be larger than 2 gig.This is nothing new,I thought versions 4.x and 3.x ran smoother this way. P@40

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 3:26 am
I re-installed rev. 2 and figured I can find the karake by highlighting one of my MP3 music folders. Since the lock up only occurs when I click on the Karaoke folder, I figure I can click on any other folder and search the song titles from there. It's a pain because I have to look clos to see which one's are the karaoke files, but it is a work around until the developer fix this bug. I tried it and it seemed to work. I went out on a small old age home gig yesterday were I basically use the karaoke files and sing to the residents. I highlighted one of the music folders and in the search bar typed in "Mona Lisa" by Nat King Cole. The results came in and there was no Karaoke file in the results, only the mp3 files. I know I have that song because it's one I sing all the time. I couldn't highlight or open the Karaoke folder to manually search for it because that would crash the program. So I re-installed 4.3 which I had with me and then everything was fine and I could find all the karaoke files and highlight or open the Karaoke folders with no delay or lock ups. I don't understand why 5.0 and Rev. 2 have this issue. 4.3 reads the foldersand files just fine. Isn't 5.0 built on the same parameters or base program as 4.3? I know nothing about programming or code, but if it worked in a previous version, I thought they would use the same basic programming in newer releases with just updates and improvements.
I'm reinstalling Rev. 2 now at hom and going to try and work this out on my own if I can. I was thinking about it, and maybe I couldn't find that particular song because I didn't add all my karaoke folders to the search data Ase. The other thing that may be causeing the problem is all the sub folders in the main Karaoke folder. My Karaoke folder has 2 folders inside it, K1 (which has the CDG and MP3 fliles (not compressed or zipped) and K2 which has multiple folders insie it ("A-B', "B-D", "D-F', etc). The sub-0folders may be causing a problem although I have no problems with sub-folders in my MP3 Music folders. So I plan on getting rid of all the sub-folders and dumping all the Karaoke files into the main karaoke folder. After thats done, I'll defrag the hard drive, check for errors, and do a disk clean up on windows. Next I'm going top open Virtual and recurse the Karaoke folder and after that's done, right click the Karaoke folder and click on ADD TO SEARCH DATABASE. I'll then shut down Virtual, and shut down my laptop and reboot. Once the Laptop is up, I'll open Virtual and see if I can open the Karaoke folder without it locking or crashing. If it still does, I'll click on a music folder and search for songs in he search bar and see if I can find them all, since I manually added them to the search data base. If that still dosn't work, one of the Virtual Tech. support guys suggested making virtual folders or favorite folders and putting the karaoke files there which they said sometimes works. I hope I wont have to go that far, but if I do, can anyone tell me step by step how to do that. I'm not familiar with those typoes of folders and hve never used them before.
Also, if anyone has any other suggestions that may help me with this bug/issue, please let me know.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 4:10 am
blaide13 -- What ?????????? Please break up your posts so they are easier to read. Also, please make a new thread so this one can stay on topic and we can workout your issue. Also, please go to the PC Version Tech Support forum and read the first post that is title 'Database Issues' and look at the steps I outlined there about optimizing your database for search and sorting.

cstoll

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 4:22 am
Sorry for the run on paragraph Cstoll. It's late and I've had a hard day. I'll go check out that post now and make a new post with this issue.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 4:29 am
Cool thanks, willing to help... just wow! hard to read and follow it all at once. Thanks, we'll get it working for ya...!

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 4:41 am
i read your post in the PC technical section and set the browser settings to Add ASAP and also set te tagging to "Smart". Now Karaoke files that I couldn't find before, I can find now.
I still have the problem ofVirtual locking up though when I click on my Karaoke files. If I click on the main Karao0ke folder (which has Karaoke files in it as well as my 2 sub-folders which also have files), the program locks for about 8 minutes and then shows the content in the browser. If I click on the same folder or even one of the sub-folders, the program locks and no longer responds. I have to Cntrl, Alt, Del.
I also read in the PC Technical posts that you don't recommend dumping everything into one big folder, but to break it up into sub folders the way my Karaoke files already are. So i that case, I'll leave them as they are.
Not being able to click on the karaoke folders and see their contents is a pain. Sometimes I am performing and don't know what I should sing next. In those cases, I look in the karaoke folders and quickly look at the contents to get ideas. The way it is now, I can only search the karaoke by highlighing a music folder, and I have to know the title or artist.
Any suggestions or insight on why the program locks up when I click on the Karaoke folders?

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 5:47 am
Blaide I have one karaoke folder with many subfolders like 0-9,A,B,C, etc and mine doesnt hang maybe it is the fact your files ARENT zipped???

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 6:51 am
blaide13 wrote :
i read your post in the PC technical section and set the browser settings to Add ASAP and also set te tagging to "Smart". Now Karaoke files that I couldn't find before, I can find now.

Now that you have the data 'discovered' for the files. Go back and set the ID3Tags to 'Read on Load' and the Search DB to 'Add Manually'

How do things react? And I don't think it's a NON-Zipped issue. Can't explain it at this point completely but, we will figure it out...

discussion on this issue continued here - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/76865/General_Discussion/5_0_Rev_2_Karaoke_problem_persists.html

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 3:09 pm
Can anyone recommend a good totural for Virtual DJ first time users?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 5:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 9:59 pm
Hi Everyone!
I am currently using the demo version of VirtualDJ. Love it and definitely want to buy. However, not sure if the full version is the way to go. Could anyone tell me if the Home Edition has the same functions and skin as the full versiion. I don't intend to use any external hardware like a mixer, turntable etc.

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:15 pm
asatecPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just testing sorry

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:34 pm
87%