Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 5.0 rev2 is released - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Downloaded & installed the rev. to 5.
What I found was that so far a few songs show everything but the BPM.
When you try to play them,the gain is way down so no sound comes through.You can turn up the gain knob
and it plays fine. BUt it does not keep that setting.
Check file info and the BPM shows, but not in the box. It is below the box so I add it and still won't play.
Need to reanalyze again. I can work around this, but just to give you a heads up.

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 2:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bogart wrote :
thatmusicguy wrote :
WRT automix and the "old" auto crossfade/automix button...can you elaborate. I only see the automix button when I hit automix in th playylist window...Right clicking does nada....

I simply installed rev 2 over 5.0...................

Try going to top of skin where it says "automix" right click there. Should work

bogart - which skin are you using?

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 4:34 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am using V-mix 5.3 and the right click on automix does not work. Using 1280x960

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 4:57 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Surpise surprise, only the VDJ skin has been modified as this is a day old release. Skinners will update at their leisure :).

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 12:12 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
bogart wrote :
thatmusicguy wrote :
WRT automix and the "old" auto crossfade/automix button...can you elaborate. I only see the automix button when I hit automix in th playylist window...Right clicking does nada....

I simply installed rev 2 over 5.0...................

Try going to top of skin where it says "automix" right click there. Should work

bogart - which skin are you using?

Mix Lab 1.3 1280X800

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 2:28 pm
be very careful. I just did the update and plugged in my external hard drive and just lost all of my music videos. I had to convert to version 4 again. Luckily I have a backup but don't take the chance.

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 6:24 pm
Please state clearly what you mean by - 'lost all my music videos' ? The database information or files missing? Did you have your harddrive plugged in when you did the update and ran VirtualDJ for the first time? You can read the recommendation on page 4 of the Updates guide - http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf - that says you should have your external hard drives plugged in before launching V5 for the first time. Also, if you downloaded Rev2 the Full User guide is installed to the My Documents->VirtualDJ folder

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 6:37 pm
From Bogarts post, it looks like the BPM bug still has not been fixed. I wonder if they fixed the Karaoke bug I had. A list of bugs fixed in rev. 2 would be nice. I'm sticking 4.3 for now until I hear from everyone that the BPM and Kasraoke bugs are fixed. Please keep us posted Dev. team.

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 8:41 am
Which Karaoke bug is this?

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 5:08 pm
Yes the issue of properly recognizing karaoke and video files issue was resolved.

Download rev2 and install it to check. As it does not affect the 4.3 install there is nothing to loose correct?

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 5:43 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
blaide13 wrote :
From Bogarts post, it looks like the BPM bug still has not been fixed. I wonder if they fixed the Karaoke bug I had. A list of bugs fixed in rev. 2 would be nice. I'm sticking 4.3 for now until I hear from everyone that the BPM and Kasraoke bugs are fixed. Please keep us posted Dev. team.

Just a vote of confidence on the use of VDJ with Karaoke. I use it for Karaoke, Video and Audio all together 3 nights a week and have had no problems.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:44 am
I just want to know the new version 5.0 is free down load to upgrade?

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:49 pm
Carlos27 wrote :
I just want to know the new version 5.0 is free down load to upgrade?

For licensed VirtualDJ Professional users.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 6:46 pm
Right now everything is working great! I downloaded 5.0 9/1, followed the instructions by connecting my external and then starting it up for the first time. VDJ updated the databases fine but lost most of the BPM's of the song on both the internal and external hard drives. I was going to go back to 4.3, but then I read a post that said, with new stuff a little discomfort is expected, so I settled down and went with the flow. After re-beating all my music (about 2 days), everything works fine. I was getting corrupted database file on my external every time I started VDJ up, but that has finally stopped. I think they did a great job on the database. I've always kept my music correctly organized with the correct ID3 tags, so now the power of the database can really be seen. The new search engine is FAN-TAS-TIC!!!! 2 Thumbs Up on version 5.

www.djlance.com
www.nervedjs.com

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:02 pm
Is revision 2 available for CUE?

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:54 pm
I believe that Cue5.0 is VDJ 5rev 2.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:12 am
chansin wrote :

Just a vote of confidence on the use of VDJ with Karaoke. I use it for Karaoke, Video and Audio all together 3 nights a week and have had no problems.

chansin...do you use visualizations during the 'instrumentals' in the karaoke songs?

Thanks,
Ronnie B

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:32 am
Van Wilder wrote :
I believe that Cue5.0 is VDJ 5rev 2.

Correct the released CUE version was the Rev2 of VDJ v5.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 2:06 am
wbricePRO InfinityMember since 2006
How come when I am using time coded vinyls on relative mode, the pitch control does not visually change but I can hear the pitch changing, but when I change it to Smart mode it works fine?

The reason that I don't like using the smart mode is because the pitch controls jumps around way to much where I can't even beat match without it getting out of sync within a couple of beats.

I am using the VDJ vinyl and I'm at 100%. Could it be that when I installed 5.1 I did not uninstall 5.0 first? Or is this a separate issue?

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:22 pm
wbrice this is being discussed extensively in the Hardware forum.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:51 pm
58%