Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
it will be nice if it had crossfader but the sound card is a plus i think denon did this so u can buy one of there mixer some one will make a midi crossfader on of those days,the price is not bad it can also controll the denon cd players they should stop making the cd players put dvd rom,this controller will take over all the pc djs maket the next one will have a lot more things on there

By a flip of a switch, the pitch slider can also become the volume fader as well with the bundled software of Reflex.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:07 pm
JeremK wrote :
I'm sure somebody will be making a mapper for it, as it is a midi controller.

I did and I got most things to work.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:09 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
JeremK wrote :

So upload it to the users plugin page.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:25 am
Denon DJ wrote :
JeremK wrote :

It will need native support in VDJ to enable the text displays and LED's to function. This will also allow mapper plugins to be developed using the plugin SDK, which will allow more advanced functionality than what is possible with basic MIDI mapping.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:38 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
$499.00 (US) and free shipping here:

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--DENDNHC4500

Also, if you order any product from same day music before 2pm and it isn't shipped the same day, they give you $100. It used to be $50. I was able to get that once. Great store!!

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:38 am
Thanks for the info DeeJay EL.

OO

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:43 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
JeremK wrote :

Does the Vestax come with a sound card built in?

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:59 pm

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:03 pm
@Denon DJ

How could you comment on a product that isn’t available to the public yet?

Denon DJ wrote :
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
it will be nice if it had crossfader but the sound card is a plus i think denon did this so u can buy one of there mixer some one will make a midi crossfader on of those days,the price is not bad it can also controll the denon cd players they should stop making the cd players put dvd rom,this controller will take over all the pc djs maket the next one will have a lot more things on there

By a flip of a switch, the pitch slider can also become the volume fader as well with the bundled software of Reflex.

Denon DJ wrote :
JeremK wrote :

Nevertheless, I’m very interested in your DN-HC4500 mapper. Please submit it when it’s ready!

OO

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:04 pm
Double O wrote :
I don’t think so. This link will provide you with additional info on the Vestax midi controller:

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/players/vci100.html

OO

Man what a bummer. Is it too much to ask for to have an all-in-one controller that has a fader, gain controls, jogwheels, and sound card? I am a laptop DJ that works in a number of different bars every week. I need something small that I can carry around with me.

I guess the Hercules MK2 is the only product out there.... correct?

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:19 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :

Man what a bummer. Is it too much to ask for to have an all-in-one controller that has a fader, gain controls, jogwheels, and sound card? I am a laptop DJ that works in a number of different bars every week. I need something small that I can carry around with me.

Hercules, Behringer are the only midi controllers in consumer range that has built in soundcard.

There are a few PRO mixers that has soundcard too, from Numark, Korg and more. (Real hardware mixers with midi)
But they dont have jogwheels though.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:31 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
CanSpoilU wrote :

Hercules, Behringer are the only midi controllers in consumer range that has built in soundcard.

There are a few PRO mixers that has soundcard too, from Numark, Korg and more. (Real hardware mixers with midi)
But they dont have jogwheels though.

Bummer. Yeah the Behringer is the only other product out there that seems to be similar to the Hercules. I love the form factor of the hercules.... I just wished the Hercules was better than what it is. I guess getting a Rane MP2 + HC4500 would equal a Hercules. But the MP2+HC4500 is a larger package (more to lug around)... and is a lot more $$$$$. The $$$$ isn't even the big issue because I would spend the money for the right product.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:41 pm

If you are getting a REAL mixer (like Rane) you have more choices of included soundcards..

Such as Korg Live4 .. .soundcard built into mixer, and it sends midi (controls VDJ).

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:05 pm
Double O wrote :
@Denon DJ

How could you comment on a product that isn’t available to the public yet?

I’m am on the development team for Denon.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:58 pm
@Denon DJ

I’m very glad you’re here because we can get answers directly from the source :) You previously posted:

Denon DJ wrote :
DJ PHIL IT wrote :

Denon DJ wrote :
JeremK wrote :

Will your mapper allow us to convert the pitch slider into a volume fader with VDJ? Also, is someone in the VDJ Development Team helping you with the mapper project??

Your presences here illustrates that Denon is serious about making the best controller compatible with the best software on the planet. I’m looking forward to trying the DN-HC4500 with VDJ!

OO

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 4:34 pm
Double O wrote :
Will your mapper allow us to convert the pitch slider into a volume fader with VDJ?

Its all up to VDJ to implement such features, but our HC4500 can do it.

Quote :
Also, is someone in the VDJ Development Team helping you with the mapper project??

Not yet, I just used the open mapper at the moment.

Quote :
Your presences here illustrates that Denon is serious about making the best controller compatible with the best software on the planet. I’m looking forward to trying the DN-HC4500 with VDJ!

Thanks, nice to be here!
We care very much about your feedback.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 6:49 pm

the controller looks AWESOME... so does the new prototype of the midi/cd hybrid deck..

Both hardware seems like perfect new hardware for VDJ users, and when out and working with VDJ, i'll put it on the hardware page
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

I'm sure LOTS of VDJ users will want one :)

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 6:53 pm
I can't wait i think the DN-HC4500 looks fantastic! And when used with a denon mixer using the midi on that is going to be great for use with VDJ!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 7:12 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That's so cooool!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 7:33 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
Double O wrote :
Will your mapper allow us to convert the pitch slider into a volume fader with VDJ?

Its all up to VDJ to implement such features, but our HC4500 can do it.

My DMC-2 mapper plugin has this as an optional feature that can be enabled (It also allows the pitch slider to be moved to the correct position when switching between the two to prevent sudden 'jumps'.)

If native support for the HC4500 is implemented, it will be possible to create custom device plugins for this controller using the plugin SDK.

Native support will also be essential to enable the text displays and LED's to function.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:09 pm
13%