Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 16

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Double O wrote :
Jpboggis is supposedly working on a HC4500 mapper. Maybe he could let everyone if it is working….

I am working on a mapper, but unfortunately the freezing problem affects it too.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 1:39 pm
Since everyone seems to be experiencing issues with the 4500, I figured I would post a more uplifting bit:

2 weeks ago I installed VDJ 5, Rev5 on my Shuttle to be used with the 4500. I installed the DN4500 utilities from the CD. At the time, native VDJ support was lacking so I used the custom Midi mappings and they got me by with only one crash, which was a known VDJ issue.

This past Saturday I updated my 4500 to the new firmware, updated the ASIO driver and updated (just updated, not a fresh install) to VDJ5 Rev 6. After a good few hours of successful runs at my house with audio/video/karaoke, I made the decision to go ahead and use the settings for my Holiday party that evening. Of course I had my laptop running an auto-mix of ringers in case of any lockups!

I fired up the rig at 5PM and am happy to report VDJ was rock-solid utilizing audio/video/karaoke/plug-ins until the end of the gig @ 11PM. That list also includes Automix, Video Crossfader, and Sunlite DMX Software running simultaneously. I really really thought I would have triggered something to cause a lock-up, but as the evening progressed, my faith in VDJ/Denon was once again renewed.

Congrats to both VirtualDJ and Denon for such great products.
Keep up the great work! (oh yeah, and get that crashing issue resolved cause the 4500/VDJ combo is SWEET!)

-=Woody==-

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 10:03 pm
good to hear.all we need from VDJ for xmas is 100% ASIO support

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 1:34 am
that would be a nice Christmas gift

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 6:38 am
Mannnnnnnnn. by this weekend would be even better. I have a huge gig on sat. I'm praying

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 11:18 am
With all the talk about the highly anticipated HS5500, it seems that the HC4500 has become an afterthought. Consequently, what’s the latest on the HC4500 working properly VDJ—anybody?

OO

btw, I thought my search for the perfect dual controller for VDJ had ended; I guess I'll have to keep searching....

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 11:06 am

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 11:12 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I was just looking at the DJdecks website because I read the same thing in the Denon Forums....seems like you can't go wrong in spending $60 to actually be able to natively use the HC-4500 and have a workable search function.

I was thinking that something must be brewing this week at NAMM? I mean, there have got to be more big updates coming out SOON that will offer native support....right? I keep thinking that though....and I am tired of people saying that it will come put when the bugs are gone, and it's working perfectly, and nobody wants something that's going to crash, etc.....but geeze, I have been waiting for Reflex in general for almost a year now...good news is that I haven't made a final decision on anything - and with Serato releasing the video plugin this week, and offering full native support for the JC4500 soon...that might be my choice for the club - and maybe I will use VDJ for my mobile events....

Overall, I am just ancy and want to see what's up the sleeves here - I mean, if DJdecks has gotten this to work natively, well, then what we've been waiting for must almost be here? Also, it seems the PCDJ VJ is handling the HC4500 without a problem now...at least that is what I am gathering from reading that forum....

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 1:29 pm
I’ve tried the djdecks demo. For the price— djdecks was only $30 when I originally tried it—you can’t beat it. However, I didn’t feel that it was on the same level as VDJ at that time. Maybe I’ll try the latest version. Nevertheless, I’m not going to let a controller determine what software I use.

OO

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 11:29 am
It looks like djDecks has made some improvements since the last time a tried it:

However, looks can be deceiving. I’ll try it again when I get time….

OO

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 2:12 pm
Since I’m on the subject of looks….

On page 5 of this novel, dj-in-norway wrote :
@Double 0

The skin is already made, ready to be released, when the [HC4500] controller comes, by Dj Format. looks EXCELLENT!:)

What happened to the skin?

OO

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 2:24 pm
I guys I have a Denon DN-D6000 cd player and a DN-X400 mixer along with a gigaport AG-ESI i would love to use with the virtualdj software, I need help hooking this up. thanks

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 3:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)