Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Please, Please...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Vdj has this great little feature:
When you put the mouse over the spinning deck you can scratch with the mouse wheel, i have been to the window settings and adjusted the mouse wheel and it responds just perfect!

Now my wish,
I want to put the mouse over the pitch slider and do the same using the mouse wheel, with this method i will not need an external controller to operate the pitch, i will just use the sync button as normal then fine tune any differences in pitch using the mouse wheel as i go!

I know this will be a winner...

Posted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 12:36 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
great idea I'm with you but the steps should be small

Posted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 7:38 pm
Yes for sure, steps of 0.1 would be great.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 1:01 am
Perhaps a slider in the settings where you decide yourself in which range the steps should go.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 3:19 pm
WOW I never knew about the mouse wheel over the turntable...that is the best scratch effect ever...love it.

Would be good if you did big rolls on it too and it would keep spinnin back...like a spin back lol.

And another thought...it doesnt matter whether you have the wheel button depressed or not. Would be really good if when you hold the button down...it holds the track at current position until you let it go again.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 1:46 pm
The mouse wheel sensitivity in windows is easy to adjust maybe the dev team could add this feature in their settings box very easy.
Most of the time the sync is spot on but for those tracks that drift out the mouse wheel idea is a good one, i don't like to left click and move the mouse but the wheel i can handle, it just feels better!

Posted Sat 16 Oct 04 @ 10:46 am
Maybe an additional idea:
If your mouse pointer is above the pitch slider. The wheel will control the pitch slider as proposed earlier. Then your buttons could be pitch bend. Left button will speed up, right button slow down.
Ewout

Posted Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 11:16 am
That's another great thought! like the idea of the pitch bend, just gets better...

Posted Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 6:10 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The right mouse button does indeed work as a pitch bend. Right Click above the slider to move the slider up, then release and it goes back. Right click below the slider to move the slider down, and release and it goes back.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 1:40 pm
Correct Rick! but it would be a little easier if it was left pitch down and right pitch up for the pitch bend.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 4:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)