Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Mk2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok im having problems with Hercules all of the sudden I cant seem to be able to play tracks anymore...

I run on vista (I Was able to use it up untill now)

can any1 give me some pointers?

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 3:03 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you got a signal going to the console. Are the beats indicaters flashing when a track is playing

or do you mean that the VDJ software won't load any tracks up.

What's your set up.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 3:27 am
Well i want to know if theres something working with the console or the hardware.

I reinstalled it. But every time start it up I get the DJ console Mk2 Updater and it keeps telling me to press down on the LEFT 1,2,3 Buttons on the DJ console Mk2. I press the buttons but it wont respond I pluged it in correctly and the the updater window wont close..

When I start VDJ I am able to load tracks but play them cant start playing them when the MK2 Console is plugged, I get a highlighted Cue button on the side the audio file is loaded . VDJ works without the Hercules Hk2 console.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 4:11 pm
Quote :

When I start VDJ I am able to load tracks but play them cant start playing them when the MK2 Console is plugged, I get a highlighted Cue button on the side the audio file is loaded . VDJ works without the Hercules Hk2 console.

That happens to me if I plug the Herc into a different USB port.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 4:36 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It sound's like you have something wrong with the new driver you have downloaded.

If I was you I would do a fresh install of VDJ and the hercules console and software.

Uninstall/remove

Hercules audio files
hercules DJ console series drivers
DJ console mk2 manual
Virtual DJ - Atmotix productions
Then restart your pc/laptop.

Then reinstall your software and Console and see if you get a similar program when you are up and running again.

Also it's worth remembering to plug the console into the same usb port all the time.

Hope this helps

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 5:09 pm
Ok ill' be sure to remember that thanks for the help.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 6:05 pm
Are you pressing the 123 buttons and holding them down or are u just pressing them and releasin them. You have to press them and hold them down til the screen changes.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 11:26 pm
r3m3dyHome userMember since 2008
i also have a problem with my console, for some reason the selecter on the monitor output doesn't work properly, i can't get it to play properly on split mode, for example, when i'm on split mode, and the crossfader is maximum to the left, i can't hear the right deck at all, if the corssfader is on the middle and the right volume fader is totally down, i can't hear the right deck at all, and regardless of what i do, i can only hear in one headphone.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 2:53 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
apologies if this is a really obvious suggestion but this caught me out already and I thought I'd post here as it sounds similar to my experience...

when the crossfader is all the way to the right playing a track on deck B and you want to do a split (have track on deck A on the left headphone and track on deck B on the right) make sure you have the "PFL" indicator illuminated on deck A (it is above the volume control for deck A on the software) - Note I am using the skin Virtual DJ: 1024x768

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 5:51 pm
hello i have a problem in mk2 when the fader is on the split for deck 1 works sometime and sometime it doesnt work please lemme know i have a gig this sat

Posted Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 12:30 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
badal999 wrote :
hello i have a problem in mk2 when the fader is on the split for deck 1 works sometime and sometime it doesnt work please lemme know i have a gig this sat

Do u mean when u set it to split on the knob beside the headphone input and sometime u can hear it sometime it won't?

It have always been like that to my knowing n u just need to switch it couple of time n it should be ok.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 12:33 pm
I bought mk2, but installing Virtual DJ I can t find serial number
Please help me to solve my problem

Posted Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 4:03 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
formonea wrote :
I bought mk2, but installing Virtual DJ I can t find serial number
Please help me to solve my problem

The serial will be on the DJC software cd sleeve n also remember to register it at ur modify ur profile;)

Posted Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 4:09 am
alergicHome userMember since 2008
Hi all,
I am trying to use my mk2 for the first time on my ibook but once i connect it it is recognised as an external keyboard and it need to be confihured,Next step it is askinh to press down the button next to the left shift!!
Anyone knows what shall I do?

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 5:58 am
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
badal999 wrote :

Hi friend.
Te recomiendo que uses esta configuracion. [url=http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/xonor/blogs/3289/Modo_ASIO_para_todas_las_Hercules_RMX_y_MK2.html]LINK/url]

Excuse me, is a user from Spain.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 8:16 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
alergic wrote :
Hi all,
I am trying to use my mk2 for the first time on my ibook but once i connect it it is recognised as an external keyboard and it need to be confihured,Next step it is askinh to press down the button next to the left shift!!
Anyone knows what shall I do?

Have you installed the drivers?
Look for the latest HERE

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 8:17 pm
ferghlLE userMember since 2009
Hi, I have lost my serial number since I moved house, very desperate that I find it. I never registered my equipment when I bought it so feel a bit lost. Does anyone know how to help??

Thanku!!

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 7:43 am
Hello,

You should call Hercules Tech Support, and if you kept a buying proof of your DJ Console Mk2 (the invoice), they can provide you a replacement license for VDJ 3.4 DJC (they can resell you a VDJ 3.4 DJC license), but if you have no invoice for the Mk2, they cannot sell you this VDJ 3.4 DJC license (as they can sell the VDJ 3.4 DJC license only to owners of DJ Console Mk2 VDJ version, so if you have no invoice, they cannot know whether you bought the DJ Console Mk2 sold with Traktor or the DJ Console Mk2 sold with VirtualDJ).

If you get a serial number from Hercules, type your serial number in your profile on VirtualDJ.com website.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 11:15 am
PANOS21PRO InfinityMember since 2009
how can i conect the hercules dj console mk2 with the virtual dj 6,2 the version that i have ????

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 9:28 am
Hello Panos,

To use the Mk2 in VirtualDJ Pro 6.0.2:
1) you install DJ Console Mk2
2) You set DJ Console Mk2 in ASIO,
3) you run Virtual,
4) you go in Config > Sound setup and you choose "DJConsole MK2" as sound board, and you activate the setting "Apply EQ on external input"
5) you go in Config > Mappers and you load the map "Hercules DJ Console Mk2".

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 10:26 am
74%