Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Advanced Search criteria

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I really need an advanced search facility...

for example the ability to fill in several fields, on the search their could be 3 fields and 3 boxes to enter the information,

Track/artist (files containing the words):
BPM parameters (min-max): e.g 122-125
Comments:

I really need this feature, especially as my music folders are growing, this would really help!..

so you can search either for a particular track, a certain bpm/bpm range, or just the comment field (which i use for genre description).

Of course you could fill in all 3 fields and get a combination of results, or just 1 or 2 fields...

So you could search your entire libary for songs with bpm, comments and year (if included in filename) in common.

Hope I make sense.

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 3:10 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
yes yes bpm search!!!!

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 4:14 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
bpm search, luv it.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 1:01 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sorry ....but why not open the database and order the list by bpm?

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 2:52 am
djjb: some persons have databases with more than 20,000 songs... BPM (and advanced) search would be much more useful and efficient than scrolling through 20,000+ songs...

macourteau

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 3:09 am
its even more than that.

say your in the middle of a set at 119 bpm and at a loss for what to mix into next. You know your good for + or - 8%
typing in the 119 - 126 will show you good choices of what song to mix into next. Maybe even a song you haven't played in awhile or forgot about. A good new feature in my book.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 3:29 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
crash boom bang!!!!

sorry sorry sorry.....hahahaha
you're right....pffffff that's a lot of mp3 there...

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 4:05 am
if it makes you feel any better my data base is 79,858 right now :) its suffering the XML side effects too :(

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 5:39 am
79,858 songs?????? wow!!! damn....

how about setting up an FTP for downloads? ;) lol

I have about 15-20.000.. and are already thinking about deleting quite a few of them, as its really to many songs.... making it harder to find the good ones.. ;)

But hey... wouldn't mind to having more in a "backup folder" for rare requests, odd gigs etc ;) maybe I'll get close to the 80.000 you got.... in say...eh... 2-3 years... lol

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 1:19 pm
Thats what the little number says over by my search bar :)

I do just about any event under the sun grated a lot of my hard house isn't going to be used at weddings and you know you gotta have the hip hop. I also have tv show themes etc samples drops on and on. I plan on breaking 100,000 again this year, I was up over 128 at one time but I had some duplicates and bad tracks cut me back down to size. I lost a lot due to pcdj encypted files maybe 3,000 or so. 90% of my collection is ripped to 320. and the xml side effects are bad so I more than likely have a tone more than I think I do.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 4:30 pm
support for external db like sql server or mysql would be nice, as i have my songs already in such and theres extra information fields not available in the mp3 id tags..

Posted Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 8:09 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for all your responses.

Please continue to post here if you would like to see this feature appear in future versions of vdj ;).

Take care.

Posted Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)