Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Record in stereo using stereo-splitter setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm usually on the go, with a laptop and VDJ as company.
Sometimes I like to record mixes without my usual setup, but just using a stereo-splitter, headphones, and portable speakers.

But what's been bugging me is that these recorded mixes can only be in mono, not stereo.

Dev Team: Can it be done?

- Jim Nordic

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 3:16 am
stereo-splitter gives you 2 outputs in mono, with one soundcard. So, yeah, its mono... Like having master on one output, and headset in other, with only one soundcard.. but splitting the stereo-output like that gives you mono... and can't be stereo.

you could get a very cheep extra usb soundcard .. they are very low priced, and works fine. Giving you an extra soundcard, and then having one stereo soundcard for master, and other stereo soundcard for prelisten.

or, you could always get a usb 5.1 soundcard (not to expencive), and you would have 2x stereo channels, and headphone prelisten.. all in one soundcard.. works great :)

Or that Indigo dj carbus soundcard... a great dj soulution ...

dj-somewhere-nordic ;)

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 1:12 pm
Yes. I know. I've had several Usb-soundcards. (eg. Extigy).

I don't know if it is too difficult to program. How does the recording-feature work? Is the audio encoded from the what the soundcard outputs, or is the recording computed without using the soundcard? If I were to guess, I would think it was the 1st alternative.

- Jim

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 7:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)