Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Skin (& editor?) - JN Black widescreen.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Firstly, Wow... what a great skin! I was using BOANERGES before and that was good, but this is better. Especially as it uses more real-estate (my screen is 1600x1400).

Unfortunately, it's too big for my laptop... i.e. the machine that I would be using in a real live situation.

I had a look at the XML, and oh my goodness what a load of work to make that skin! Now I realise what hard work it is I have to say *thank you* again to Jim for building it.

... but what I really wanted to do was 'tweak' that skin for 1280x768 which is the screen size of my laptop. Editing the XML by hand for all the widget positions is too much work for me.

does anyone have a WYSYWIG skin editor for VDJ? Even a rudimentary one? Otherwise any tools at all for building skins in a way other than editing all the XML field by field manually?

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 8:36 pm
Who says flattery will get you nowhere?

Since we're only talking about removing 1260x32 pixels, I can make an exception and just reduce the height of the browser-window with 32 pixels.

I'll send the modified skin to you, if you give me your email-address.

- Jim Nordic

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 4:17 am
lindseyp: “does anyone have a WYSYWIG skin editor for VDJ?”

vbjack is working on finalizing a VDJ Skin Maker:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5308&page=5

The only concern is that he hasn’t received any response from the VDJ Staff, which is very perplexing. Although other forum members have offered to host the software on their websites, I think vbjack would prefer offering it through the VDJ website. He recently said this: “If I do not hear from [t]he VDJ team after I finish porting the app to VB.Net I will have to abandon the project completely.” Let’s hope that he hears from the VDJ Staff soon!

OO

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 5:22 am
Hello Jim, i need this skin in 1024x768. Can you send me to my email please?????? This skin is the best ¡¡¡¡¡¡
THxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,. enforcer@eresmas.com

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 6:39 am
The platinum version is 1024x768.

Thanks Jim, I'll help you convert later versions to 1280x768 if the skin editor is released!

My email address is: peter *at* lindsey *dot* jp

Much appreciated!

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 7:39 am
Yes but i want black version ¡¡¡

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 3:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)