Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: about Time coded vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello :
when I move the pitch up or down in my turntable the Bpm in the software don't change !!!
Maybe for the next update ????

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 7:37 am
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Would be a great, great improvement. Although you can use it easily without it, I have asked for it before and do support this request.

Maybe two modes where one can switch between BPM set by software and BPM set by the turntable?

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 9:01 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
In fact this is difficult for VDJ to detect do to the fact that the signal pitch would have to indicate how much you have increased the bpm. Therefore I think this method would be inaccurate. But you know the developers.... If it can be done they will do it !

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 3:51 pm
Mac_IncHome userMember since 2004
Wow i just can't beleive that the TC vinyl doesn't support the turntable pitch change!! Now the TC vinyl is just a fashionable product for the DJs. All they do is press the beatmatch function and to everyone it looks like they done the hard work of cueing and manualy adjusting the BPM on the turntable. That's so fake!! If Virtual Scratch could do it 5 years ago i can't understand how the VDJ team can't do it now?! Without the option of adjusting the pitch on the turntable the VDJ TC vinyl doesn't have the credibility and the posibilities of a standard vinyl and has for my opinion ZERO functionality.
And i have tried the Final Scratch vinyl on the VDJ and i got it to work. It was obvious that it wasn't compatible as the pitch of the song was jumping like crazy but when i moved the pitch up to the max on the turntable there was a clear increase of the pitch of the song in VDJ.
So don't tell me that it's sooooo dificult to make this work for VDJs timecoded vinyl!

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 11:38 am
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It really would help if you at least used the product before writing about it. What you state is nonsense.

Changes in the turntable pitch are recognized by VDJ and handled correctly. Only thing is that the BPM displayed remains the same. Nothing wrong with the music only with the displayed BPM. It is very very minor.

Please refrain from commenting on stuff you dont have first hand experience with.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 12:50 pm
Mac_IncHome userMember since 2004
First of all i comment only on things i know about. And second of all i misunderstood the first post therefore i wrote what i wrote. Apologies on my regard but if you interpret the post as i did you will see that my reply made sense.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)