Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: N00b questions: "Saved mixes" and "processor affects scratch...."

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I've installed and played with VDJ2 for the first time over the last few days.

I installed it on my home computer for practice, and on my laptop for 'on-the-road' use. I'm particularly glad that it doesn't save timing data on the same drive as the music, because I wish to use my iRiver H140 mp3 player to store the music, and it's already full!

A couple of questions, though;

* Is there a fully featured skin at 1280x768? I have a Sony Vaio TR1MP mini-laptop with a widescreen at this resolution. It would be nice to be able to fill the screen.

* The virtual scratch function works fine on my home computer (dual opteron) but doesn't do anything on the laptop (Pentium M 900Mhz) Does the software automatically disable this depending on processor speed?

* Is there a way to save playlist with cue points and 'mix' points exactly? I'd like to be able to play around and 'edit' a mix instead of having to remember the cue points and exactly how I moved the slider. This would be great for a mix where you think... "aah if only I hadn't flipped back to track A just there" or suchlike, although the rest was perfect. You should be able to edit what was done like in Premiere, Cubase etc... to tidy up any mistakes afterwards... this would be useful for making mix CDs or preparing auto-mixes for parties.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 9:09 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As of right now there's only 1 widescreen skin out there. It's 1280x800 Jim did an amazing job with this one. (as usual) If we can only have 1 wide screen skin, this is the one to have. I've used it exclusively since the day it was posted, and I'm very happy with it.

(BTW, did I say thanks Jim?) The scratch functions should work the same on any computer capable of running VDJ. (be sure the settings are all the same) When you set a cue point, it stays set.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 3:26 pm
OK. After playing with the software much more, and with my new Echo Indigo DJ I figured out the scratch problem. It works fine now.

Unfortunately that widescreen skin is too big for my laptop, which has exactly a 1280x768 screen. I'll just stick to some of the 1024x768 for now until someone releases one or I get good enough and have the time to make one myself.

About the cue points: I'm taking the rest of my questions to the technical forum....

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 11:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)