Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What do U think about Dj-Girls?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do U think it looks nice/cool/sexy or something like that when U C a girl who is a Dj? :p *lol* ;)

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:06 pm
girl dj's are damn sexy ;) for sure...

and they seem to get gigs easily... as there are not many girl dj's.... :)

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:10 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
And some are pretty ugly.........

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:24 pm
lol ;) true as well...

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:25 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
right... I know a girl on 17 who is a Dj... And she's mine ;) :p

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's not a very femineme trade for a girl.., of course it doesn't bother me to see a girl as a dj, but, it wouldn't be the sort of girl that I would go for...

They are usually a bit "tom boyish", girls with tatoos, take drugs, piercings etc. No thanks.

There are a few famous examples, hardhouse, hint hint.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 3:34 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hmm, while it's a male dominated industry, funny, I never really thought of djing as being especially macho.

I think it would be great to date a female dj (of the feminine type).

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 5:59 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately, out here on the Left Coast, I can think of at least one famous DJ who looks really cute but can't spin worth $#!+. She gotwhere she is because of her looks and not her skills. Women like her make it more difficult for GOOD female DJ's to be taken seriously.

Däch
http://www.closedcaskets.com/

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 8:06 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Luckily for us guys we can be damn ugly and dj and get away with it. You know who you are guys.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 8:31 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well yea, Most dj's are damn ugly to be fair, or at least the majority of the ones i've seen, I sopose because of the bad hours and not seeing the daylight...

What can I say, I must be one of the smiley exceptions :).

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 11:54 pm
Sister Blizz (from Faithless) is one of the best dj's around, and not only skilled, but pretty cute as well ;)

there are no way to generalize... sorry guys ;) there are all sorts of dj's - both in the male and the female camp ;)

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 2:10 pm
Here's some info I gathered from polling male & female DJs about 4 years ago (here in the USA).

Only about 5% of the DJs in clubs are female.

Only about 15% of Mobile DJs (weddings, etc.) are female.

Almost half of all female mobile DJs are the OWNERS of the company (compared to 20% of male mobile DJs).

And here's the BIG shocker:

Female (mobile) DJs earn more per event than men do - the women make almost 20% MORE than us men for doing the same work!

They are also more likely to get TIPS from clients than men are!

Needless to say, I immediately started training my wife in the art of DJing and MCing events. Since doing so our (wedding) business has more than doubled! - She connects soooo well with the clients!

Am I a better *DJ*?? Can I mix better?? You bet!! But that's only a small part of a real business! The other part is getting clients and making them happy. She does an AWESOME job at that!!

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 4:15 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Good idea

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 4:38 pm
very true.... Girl DJ's are seen as a cool thing, hence get more attention and more.. :)

there are 2 girl dj's in my town, ANNIE (as seen on mtv now, with her song "Chewing gum") and one more...
They are not the best dj's in town, but they can get any gig, and club-owners almost fight to have them.. ;)

and Annie is damn cute too ;) lol

if you dont believe me, or wanna look at a cute norwegian DJ from my town, look here:
http://www.anniemusic.co.uk:88/data/images/26_gal13.jpg

the mtv video of her newest hit is here:
http://mfile.akamai.com/9139/asf/stream.wmg.com/wmi/uk/annie/chewinggum_w_hi.asx

;) who said dj girls are not cute? and any wonder she get better paid than me?? ;) looool..... hehe...

hmm... maybe I'll get her to play around with Vitrual DJ, make some sexy digital dj shots...

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 12:50 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My wife is a Dj in Mallorca (from may to october) and she works in Austria in winter ....and she IS A VERY GOOD DJ

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 4:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)