Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: How cool would this be?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If VDJ could seach/sort by music TYPES and then you could search/sort by BPM within those types? Make choosing and mixing much faster and easier!

I know that VDJ assigns some kind of coding for the automix feature, but I don't understand that fully (yet). Only that sometimes when going from one song to another it 'cuts' instead of smooth fading... (or maybe that was a problem I had?)

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 4:31 pm
it would be cool ;) for sure....

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 2:16 pm
Yes. This would be great. For now I have all music sorted on my hard drive by genre and recurse and sort by bpm when I need it. But if it was in the playlist reaction time would be much faster..

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 6:02 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would think that in order for VDJ to know what genre a song is, it'd have to read the ID3 tag. There is an ID3 parser, but it bogs down the system to an incredible degree. This might be why VDJ doesn't natively support ID3-based fields.

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 7:34 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
adding to what vantinedj said..

i like the libraries of musicmatch jukebox where u can tag the mood of the songs.

when settin BPMs, before i look at the mathematical part of songs/BPM i think about their "spirits" coz sometimes songs could have the same BPM but one could be have a totally different feel eg the slower r&b and the rap songs below 70 BPM having the same BPM.
some hip-hop songs with the same btwn 90--100 can give a different feel too.
We all already know some songs can have 2 BPMs either 60 or 120. so it'd be nice to be able to distinguish some by moods.

Since there's no space for more tags within the program it'd help some of us who use Excel too.

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 12:53 am
deltaKPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Isn't this a perfect use for the comment field?

δk

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 12:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)