Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "internal database corrupt" after enabling mk2 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

roedelPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, yes I WAS using a IntelMac (Macbook) and VDJ for Mac and a MK2. I really canĀ“t imagine what i should made wrong.

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 8:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
please ensure a full uninstall by deleting this file

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

as well as the vdj folder

or the bad settings stay

then reinstall

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 10:32 am
i also had the message database corrupted. to fix it i found that i did not have the file VirtualDJ Database (user).xml and instead it was VirtualDJ Database (owner).xml so i changed the name to user and that seem to work for me

Posted Sun 06 May 07 @ 2:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
reddragonisr wrote :
i also had the message database corrupted. to fix it i found that i did not have the file VirtualDJ Database (user).xml and instead it was VirtualDJ Database (owner).xml so i changed the name to user and that seem to work for me

mac or pc?

Posted Sun 06 May 07 @ 8:28 pm
pc

Posted Mon 07 May 07 @ 8:36 am
djmuttyHome userMember since 2009
i installed virtual dj to my laptop created a shortcut to my desktop when ever i try to run the program i get an error saying (virtual dj- installation error) can someone help me plz

Posted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 11:27 pm
Please register your serial number and download the latest version. Thanks

Posted Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 12:14 am
amy127Home userMember since 2010
I'm also having the same problem! I have a mac and the "invalid skin file" pops up and wont let me open the program. I have'nt even been able to open it once. I have the icue.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 2:42 pm
I have NS Virtual dj 6 and i'm getting the message "The internal database is corrupted." I've lost all my cue points and i really need them back, someone please help thanks.

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 9:19 am
You are using an illegal pirate version of the software that is out of date and may not work correctly.

Please use the latest v6.1 trial http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html and if you like the software, please purchase it: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

You can repair the database in v6.1 trial by going to CONFIG -> Browser, choose the appropriate drive in the drop-down list, then click on FIX

NOTE: You should backup your database on a regular basis if the information contained in it is important to you. If using external drives, you should also backup the database found at the root of each drive. Also, please ensure that you backup your entire music collection.

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 12:25 pm
djgoffPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi everyone, I am having the same problem, i have just install a mayo44 on my laptop to use with virtual but i am getting the same problem, internal database is corrupted and after i click ok and then it tells me invalid skin, help please. Also i want someone to tell me the configuarations for the mayo44 to get it work properly. thanks

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 11:36 pm
djgoffPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I uninstall and try to reinstall the virtual and didn't ask for the serial number and now it is saying installation error

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 11:54 pm

Posted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 6:24 am
I am trying to use my hercules rmx with the computer at the bar i work at. they have virtual dj pro version 4. I have installed the most updated drivers and done everything the "technical support" told me to. I tried to update to the most updated version of virtual dj. it gave me some home edition that wouldn't work with my controller. how can i get my board to work with the program?

Posted Fri 01 Jul 11 @ 9:32 pm
VirtualDJ v5.2.1 Pro or above is required to use the Hercules RMX.

It will not work Home Edition (This does not support MIDI controllers and Home FREE cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid.)

Please ask them to upgrade to the latest v7.0.4 Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - VirtualDJ v4 is a very old and out-of-date version of the software. There have been many improvements and changes to the software since then.

Alternatively, install and use your DJ Console Edition v5.

NOTE: The latest version also has options to check and repair the database in CONFIG -> Browser.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 7:55 am
Hi I have the same problem of internal database and skin.

I work with a new mac 10.7 lion, and hercule mk2

When i register my serial number of the software i can download the version : install_virtualdj_djc_v4.3.dmg

but the installation seems not solve the problem,

I buy the the hercule mk2 with the virtulDJ basic last year, and now I can't use it with my new macbookpro

Please tell when what can be done, i can't control the mk2 with the version home

thanks

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 9:25 am
Most likely your database file has become corrupted as the message says.

This could occur in old versions of the software if it was not closed properly, it crashed or an error occurred when saving the database.

Normally, it's because the database file is missing the closing </xml> line at the very end of the file.

Open the database file in a text editor to check whether this is present, and add it if not (Make a backup first.)

Alternatively, restore your database from your backup if you have one. If not, then you should be backing up your database, music collection and any other files that are important to you on a regular basis. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20backup%20my%20VirtualDJ%20database%20and%20settings.html

If you need more help, please contact support via the chat facility: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html - Support staff can connect to your computer remotely with your permission to look at the problem directly.

NOTE: VirtualDJ v4.3 is a very old version of the software and there have been numerous improvements since then, including to the database which updates itself on the fly and has check/repair options built-in (CONFIG -> Browser) You can upgrade at a discount to the latest VirtualDJ Pro v7.0.5b by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 7:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)