Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "internal database corrupt" after enabling mk2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

roedelPRO InfinityMember since 2006
...thats what happend. Before running the hercules mac driver it worked quite fine. but now i´m not able to open the program anymore. Error message: internal corrupt database "invalid skin file (error line %i in the xml".
I was a fan but I start loosing my confidence. Please help me!

Posted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 10:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need to replace the default skin with a new copy its in the documents folder under skins .

if you have a pc just copy it across if not and you need a .zip send me a pm.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 3:02 pm
thanx but it doesn´t work. the same error message : (
I try to reinstal.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 11:26 am
even downloading the file again and reinstalling didn´t help!!! The same error again!!!! I´m not able open virtual dj anymore. i´m really disapointed! Is there a mailadress to get professionell support.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 11:55 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
roedel -

Couple of Questions - is it "internal database corrupt" or "invalid skin" error? These usually mean two different problems. Try this, move the VirtualDJ Database.xml file to some safe location other than the VirtualDJ installed folder. Open VirtualDJ after you move the file - do things work correctly?

BTW, this is where you will get your best support for VirtualDJ, just don't give up so quickly on the people here in the forums.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 2:19 pm
Sorry if you got me wrong but this was not against the people in this forum. I´m very thankfull about the support I got but I paid a lot of money for a product which doesn´t work and i think it should be the job of the software supporters to make it work and I hink they should not let the nice people in forums do their work.
My problem still is after deinstalling virtualDj and the Mk2 software and a new download and install that when i start the programm I get an error message:

"the internal database is corrupted"

and after click on OK

"Invalid Skin file (error line %i in the xml)

I really don´t understand that after deleting all the brandnew downloaded and installed file produces the same error again and again????

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 12:17 pm
marksyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have this same problem, I have the MK2 driver software too installed, i get both problems. I was only able to open it once. Now i cant. I dont see why there would be a problem, i have reinstalled a number of times and straight away get the same error, i have msg staff, they usually are pretty quick with the error reports. But then i downloaded the old mac version i think, im not sure if i got it before april 8 or after. Mmmm.... but i get the problem, you arent alone.

marksy

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 12:50 pm
ok go to documents > virtual dj

and open up the file virtualdjdatabase(users).xml
in text edit.

and look near the end

ensure all the song tags are closed

they should look like this
<Song FileName="10 The Ultimate [Original Version].mp3" FileSize="11993410" TagDate="701160438">
<Display Author="Kris; Sy; Trixta" Title="The Ultimate [Original Version]" TagRead="1" />
<Infos SongLength="16540416" />
<BPM Bpm="17640" Phase="2352" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="8324" />
<Automix MixType="3" TempoStart="1131312" TempoEnd="15807792" CutStart="1131616" CutEnd="16336704" FadeStart="1004544" FadeEnd="16356864" />
</Song>

Notice </song> at the end it is likey that some songs near the end dont have this and have currupted the sheet below them add this tag if it is missing , and this should remedy both problems.

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 1:38 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Perhaps there can be a quick script to "grep " out song to ensure it follows by a /song tag.

I see if i can which it up if this utility doesnt exist..

Can the VDJ staff reply if there is a database corruption tool?

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 4:50 pm
skyfxl wrote :
ok go to documents > virtual dj

and open up the file virtualdjdatabase(users).xml
in text edit.

and look near the end

ensure all the song tags are closed

they should look like this
<Song FileName="10 The Ultimate [Original Version].mp3" FileSize="11993410" TagDate="701160438">
<Display Author="Kris; Sy; Trixta" Title="The Ultimate [Original Version]" TagRead="1" />
<Infos SongLength="16540416" />
<BPM Bpm="17640" Phase="2352" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="8324" />
<Automix MixType="3" TempoStart="1131312" TempoEnd="15807792" CutStart="1131616" CutEnd="16336704" FadeStart="1004544" FadeEnd="16356864" />
</Song>

Notice </song> at the end it is likey that some songs near the end dont have this and have currupted the sheet below them add this tag if it is missing , and this should remedy both problems.

Skyfox-
I am NOT having this issue, but it seems ANY song in a VIRTUAL Folder "DONT" have a </Song> Tag.

Is this ok?

I did notice songs in the FAVORITES folder that contain BPM and cue data DO end with
</Song>

Can you please verify I am correct in my statement that Virtual Folder songs dont end each lines with </Song>?

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 5:03 pm
the virtual folder tags should end like this />

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 5:24 pm
skyfxl wrote :
the virtual folder tags should end like this />

ok thanks for the confirmation

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 10:28 pm
jchiar wrote :
Perhaps there can be a quick script to "grep " out song to ensure it follows by a /song tag.

There is a utility that I wrote that fixes this problem - however it is an .exe for the PC version. I don't have a MAC and therefore can not convert this utility to MAC.

I know how the XML file is to be formatted and Skyfxl is correct. Hopefully someone with MAC programming skills can build such a utility. I would be willing to share my 'logic' and some code if someone is interested. NOTE: it was written using VBscript so it not as simple and an export to MAC, someone will need to 'write' the code for MAC.

cstoll

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 1:34 am
cstoll wrote :
jchiar wrote :

There is a utility that I wrote that fixes this problem - however it is an .exe for the PC version. I don't have a MAC and therefore can not convert this utility to MAC.

I know how the XML file is to be formatted and Skyfxl is correct. Hopefully someone with MAC programming skills can build such a utility. I would be willing to share my 'logic' and some code if someone is interested. NOTE: it was written using VBscript so it not as simple and an export to MAC, someone will need to 'write' the code for MAC.

cstoll

Check your pm's...

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 3:51 am
marksyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had this problem and now im sure i have fixed it, this is what i did, when installing the new mac download, its got a 12 in it. Make sure you delete every trace from the old one installed. Type virtual dj in your seach and go through it. I ended up deleteing the crash log and something else, i reinstalled the new mac version and so far it has worked.

lets hope it will still work tomorrow hahaha.

try that tell me how you go

marksy

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 1:02 pm
jchiar wrote :
Check your pm's...

Got it, check your mail....

Posted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 1:18 am
: ))
I fixed it too! I´m very happy - believe me!!! THanx to all for your patient support.

Allow me just two more questions:

- I think the waveformvisualization has a little delay to the beat and jitters when starting the new deck. Is this normal?(macbook 1gb ram)

- how can i transform all my written comments, cues and bpms from the Pc version to the macversion?

greeting from a lucky user

Posted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 10:26 pm
I´m having this problem..

how did you fix it.. I´ve tried EVERYTHING :S

Posted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 7:27 pm
i just deleted everything (!) the finder found searching for "virtualdj" and reinstalled it again. But after fixing this the prog always (!) chrashes when I´m using the find tool. I won´t use the mac version anymore. Impossible to go on stage with.

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 8:50 pm
roedel wrote :
i just deleted everything (!) the finder found searching for "virtualdj" and reinstalled it again. But after fixing this the prog always (!) chrashes when I´m using the find tool. I won´t use the mac version anymore. Impossible to go on stage with.

are you using CUE or VDJ for MAC? I cant get his to Crash yet trying to duplicate this.

Are you using Intel MACS?

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:15 am
54%