Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Something I did not know. is this true?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

no1djkbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I did not realize that sharing oldschool music was illegal. I know that getting new music form p2p sites is illegal. A person answered a question for me and I said thanks and made a jesture saying if he or anyone need some oldschool remixes i would be happy to share. I have always made mix cd's or just regular cd's for friends that had oldschool stuff on it. Stuff that I bought myself or promotionals that were given to me. I am just curious about it because I really did not know it was illegal.
This is what was said below

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 07:40:18

Thanks a lot for answering my question. You helped me make my decision. I will probably get a pc. I kind of figured that it really did not matter but I wanted to hear it from someone who uses it on a regular basis. Since I DJ two to three times a month on a average it should not matter anyway. I just can't wait to get virtual DJ after I get my notebook. I am so pumped up about it. The only thing I am going to hate is taking all of my records (well most of them) and converting them to mp3s.
Hey I know most of you guys have everything but just incase some don't have any remixes of some oldschool R&B and hip-hop, I will be glad to share it with you. I have a lot of promos With some nice remixes from back in the day. I also have some nice house and freestyle remixes as well.
anewsome

Hey I know most of you guys have everything but just incase some don't have any remixes of some oldschool R&B and hip-hop, I will be glad to share it with you. I have a lot of promos With some nice remixes from back in the day. I also have some nice house and freestyle remixes as well.

this is what the other gentleman said

Please don't organize any illegal file sharing on this forum.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 7:22 pm
Yes, it is illegal.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 7:30 pm
no1djkbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
man thanks. its a done deal. did not know that.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 7:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)