Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Save Loops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

deivyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'll like to save my Loops just like I save my Cue Points.
For example. We all can save the actual position as cuepoint1,2,3,4, so on and on, But perhaps, we can do the same with Loop over 4 beats,8,16 so on and on . So went I play that same song I don't have to do everything again & again. If I loop4 at 02.00.00, went I play that same song from start It'll automatic loop4 went it gets at 02.00.00.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 2:07 am
I'd really like to be able to save loops as well

Most importantly for hip-hop / RnB music because the VDJ loops dont work with them...a track I use quite a lot to loop is Yeah - Usher...and several more but the loops are messed up.

I dont want to create sample of the tracks...just be able to define loops in advance, while the track is playing engage the pre defined loop.

it's good for mixing in and out of these sort of tracks...but not possible with the set loop, in some skins you can adjust the loop but it takes too long to do each time then if you go back to your cue for that track you loose the loop you just made.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 9:00 pm
good idea.... :)

@ ROSS
looping hiphop, rnb etc, like Usher is actually possible to do on the fly.... I play that kinda music VERY often, and loop on the fly all the time... VDJ for sure works with them, looping and all ;)
THE IMPORTANT thing is to have the correct BPM, and CBG for all those songs! If you do have that, looping works like a charm ;) on the fly.... Its a bit of work, but try using the NEW IMPROVED bpm engine in VDJ 2.02, and rescan the files using either "all music" or "techno/hiphop" algorithm. The new engine is amazing, and gets almost all songs right...;) After that, make sure CBG is under each beat, and the CORRECT beat

hope that helps ;)

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 2:32 pm
OK I just tried what you said about the loops again - I am using 2.02 and I've alternated between techno/hip-hop and any music.
It didnt make any difference in my honest opinion - I reanalized the file on both occasions.

CBG...that sounds familliar but I can't think off hand what it is...care to enlighten me.

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 3:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)