Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: is this laptop good enough?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djbogusHome userMember since 2007
hey ive been playing around my virtual dj a couple days now and I love it. My friend actually has version 4.1 so ive been able to play with the videos option and see how that works. Unfortunely my computer is old so im afraid I can't run videos. I just got anmk2 from ebay, so im excited to start video mixing.

Im wondering if this computer will be able to do video flawless? I know on some of the forums that i need at least a 7600 geoforce video 256mb dedicated , etc. Will this computer do the job? If so im gonna get it.. Thanks

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=344794&pfp=mar18

Centrino Duo T2250
1GB Memory
7600 Geoforce Go 256mb video card
Windows Vista Premium
120 GB Hard drive

This is right now only $799 at COMPUSA so if this a good comp, any djs seeking new computers this is definently a steal.

Thanks again

Posted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 9:00 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It should do fine but you should consider adding 1Gb so to have 2Gb in total, just to be shure, you need a lot of ram for video mixing. Video card should be good enough, but Go versions of Nvidia are slower than PCI-E full 7600 Gt. Cyder will help more on this :)

Posted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 9:14 pm
djbogusHome userMember since 2007
thanks i think im gonna go ahead and buy this one! ive been waiting forever for a cheap alternative and a good video card. I upgraded to the exact specs on hp.com and the total comes out to $1354, almost $550 off.....good deal!

Posted Tue 20 Mar 07 @ 1:51 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You made a good choice, go for it!

Posted Tue 20 Mar 07 @ 3:11 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I just ran a Dell with 1.6G processor and 1.5 in ram with a nvidea card with 64mb of ram. Had no problems up to 18 hours with straight vob files and using automix.

Posted Tue 20 Mar 07 @ 6:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)