Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skins with more than 2 players??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know of any skins with more than two players. I was trying to make a mix of techno and had to keep fading out of the mixed song so i could load the next...which sounded horrible...i need a skin with 3 or 4 players so i can mix with one beat continually going while still mixing two seperate songs.
Any help would be appreciated....even if its to say its not possible.

Thanx all

Shadownian

Posted Mon 05 Mar 07 @ 5:38 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Mon 05 Mar 07 @ 5:57 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Format- this is a follow up to a question a while back.

5.2 looks sick!

Will this new skin 5.2 allow me to use 1 player (left TC pioneer deck), 1 player (right TC pioneer deck),

Then be able to access my 400 sound samples on a 3rd deck?

If so, I will need:
* an external card with 4 outputs
* another CD player (no prob there)

* CAN I SEE THE LIST of sample files in a diffeent window pane or does it have to be the same list as where I am looking at the music files?

Also is there a way to get the 2 colored waves NOT to be on top of each other but more like VMIX 4 where 1 is above the other , not overlapping?

I am trying it now (WOW), I can't seem to figure out how to see the THIRD player on the bottom- any advice?

THANKS!!
B

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 5:28 am
OOOOOOOHHH.

I just figured it out- when you open 5.2, TWO skin screens come up. One was the original skin so I was confused. I kept shutting it and looked for multiskin. I just realized you have to keep it open.

You answered my other question about being able to see files in a different list. YESS

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help needed --->How do I resize the other skin (original) so I can fit it at the bottom?

It was abolutely brilliant to have the 2nd skin be able to be anyone you want.

I want to use 5.2 for video and the third deck for samples and will use the turntable original.

I just have to figure out how to resize it.

If I am doing this right, this is beyond anything in existance and you are very very very talented.

B

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 5:53 am
I guess I am down to this challenge:

Is there a way to have 5.3 skin show and below it any other skin (not video), that I can see the file list and turntable, etc..

Thanks!!!!

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 6:12 am
@ Hoffman,

Sounds like you are experiencing the same problem as a few other users in the V-Mix Thread

The easiest workaround is to extract the skin xml & bmp to your skins folder and load the extracted version.

PLEASE NOTE: The 2nd instance of this skin will always load in the correct place to allow seamless alignment of the 2 instances.

PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO NOT HAVE VIRTUAL SET TO MAXIMISED AS THIS WILL OVERRIDE THE SKIN ALIGNMENT SETTING

IF YOUR SCREEN RESOLUTION IS NOT CAPABLE OF THE SKIN SIZE IT WILL ERROR!

This is not a fault with the skin.

Mykel

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 4:03 pm
I did not know this was so complex.

Let me ask the board a different sort of a question...

THis is especially for FORMAT or anyone using VMIX 5.2

Can I have the 5.2 be the main skin taking up about 3/4 of the screen, and down below is there another skin that would fit in the other 1/4 that would allow me to see the file list? I don;t want to have overlapping skins.

Can I have these 2 open at the same time?

I am still curious how FORMAT got there to be a multinstance that fit on the bottom.

thank you.

Moderated by DJ_Mykel
Please post in the V-Mix forum for assistance with V-Mix problems

Moderated by FORMAT
Please ensure you DO NOT have Virtual set to MAXIMISED as this will cause the skins to overlap at the top of the screen.
IF YOUR SCREEN RESOLUTION IS NOT 1280 x 1024 IT WILL ERROR!

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 6:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)