Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Help resizing a skin please?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 5:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 11:07 am
I did, but didn't really understand how to make it work. A little help?

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 2:56 pm
I have tried the skin resizer for the last hour. The program (resizer) keeps crashing to desktop when selecting the files.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 11:08 pm
Brian,

We tried using the skin resizer when we were working on the skin, and although we did get results, we still found that we needed to check the skin. In all the resizer can give a result in 'fast' time, but nothing beats the exhilaration of seeing it all take shape as you work.

Shock comment here - XML scared the S**T out of me when I first looked at it. That was about 9 months ago when I got back in touch with DJ Format. DAC-3 was the first XML based skin I worked on, followed by the Denon skin and most recently V-Mix 5.

I will run the skin through the resizer for you. If you want to PM me an MSN address I will forward the result to you

DJ Mykel

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 11:38 pm
Will do, but I did finally get the reszer to run on a different system with less than desirable results.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 11:59 pm
I think the results I got may be the same as yours. The problem starts with rotation images as they are done by a series of images that are all the same size with the same spacing and the resizing of the skin can deform these.

I also tried resizing V-Mix, and the results were rather messy. Although the resizer is a good tool it resizes the entire image, where as I would recommend resizing each image in the skin bmp individually to keep uniformity throughout.

Mykel

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 1:52 am
Hi Mykel.

Actually, your results were better than mine, but not perfect. There are a few knobs in each of the *effects* areas that are a bit off. Usable, but not perfect. I also noticed (if I may be super picky) that when keylock is on, the image symbol has a black background instead of the red or blue background.

I do greatly appriciate your efforts, at least I can use it:) If you played with it and fixed these few issues, you'd be a god!

Thank you!!!

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 8:31 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
basicly any knob on a skin after the resizer will need to be "resized" itself. I did it on one of mine and i found that the easy fix for knobs is that they had to be made back to the original size before the resizing, the down side is that you will have small knobs, but it depends i guess on the design of the skin if that matters.

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 3:07 pm
Yes, I figured it was something like that.

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 4:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)