Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Home DJ System help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have VDJ . .I have an HP 9k series dual core laptop . . .and I've been bedroom DJing through my home stereo speakers. But now I want to take my show on the road (just small house parties, etc. - nothing fancy). I use 90% MP3 files and 10% cds. I don't need video, karaoke, or vinyl. I'm guessing I need speakers (duh - but what type, size, brand)??? Previous advice was to get an mk2 and a Meridian 250 PA system that included 2 speakers and I'm good to go. I'm in south Florida - USA - so I can find the mk2, but I'm having trouble locating a meridian system locally. Are there other ideas/options???
Any help to this non-tech newbie would be appreciated.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 10:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
check what your local music store stocks :)

doesnt have to be meridian :) but a small pa system of about 150-200 watts will suffice :)

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 10:09 pm
hi, have you any idea about your budget, it's easy to spend anywhere from $100 to $3000 on a pair of speakers!

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 10:43 am
i think jbl and 1 or 2 others have these all in one setups where you get a amp/mixer combo and 2 speakers and it all folds up into one neat box.....lots of public speaker type people take these setups on the road with them ......in Fla. I think they have Sam Ash and other major retailers like guitar center or Mars.......should have 'em

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)