Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ortofon Concorde Digitrack Cartridge good or?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hola!
I have been looking at the Timecoded Vinyl and now I have found that you can also buy the "Ortofon Concorde Digitrack Cartridge (£89 each!)" these carts are supposed to give increased performace as they are specificially designed to be used with Coded Vinyls.
Now for my question...
I would like to know whether there is a need for the expensive Ortofon cart or will Timecoded Vinyl work perfectly fine with any "normal" cart?

Regards,
DJ Gigilo.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 9:15 am
I've heard that it's just a bunch of hype and for the 3 and a half years that I've been using timecode vinyl I've only used normal Ortofon needles.

There may be some truth to those needles being better, but probably more marketing propoganda than anything.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 9:24 am
I get what you're saying, I have not met anyone who's used the expensive needles yet either, it'd be good to get some feedback on them

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 9:55 am
Has anyone out there used the Ortofon Concorde Digitrack Cartridge and can they give some feedback on how good/bad they are...are they worth the £89 ? ? ?

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 1:26 pm

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 1:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
;) fixed

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 1:57 pm
yes yes 4 sure...
should get some replies now :)

DJ Gigilo.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 2:01 pm
I use them they play good. I used to have some Stanton needles & whenever I did a backspin very fast, it would loose track. I don't loose track with the digitracks. But you can get the same results with some shure m447's which are way cheaper. The digitracks live up to what they say about them but they're too expensive. That's just my opinion.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 7:41 pm
Right, but the whole thing about the digitracks is that they are meant for digital vinyl cause they out put a specific range of ohms or wahtever, that is right in the sweet spot of all computer dj programs, no??? Does the shure m447 do all that? (Or for that matter, does it even matter?)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 8:19 pm
I don't know cause i haven't compared them side by side, I use digitracks with my set up but i play @ some spot every wednesday & the m44's play pretty well. I'd say there's no point of spending all that money on digitracks unless the output really matters to you. As long as they work like they're supposed to.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 9:49 pm
nice one!

DJ Gigilo.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 9:11 am

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 3:08 pm
i should of read more before i said anything, they are only the price for the replacement styli not for the carts...

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 4:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)