Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM Analysis Utilities

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

All,

Does a utility exist that will analyze BPM information and put the tags into say, the comment field within a MP3? The reason I ask is because I am looking to run the batch, then rename my MP3 files with the BPM information from inside the ID3. I've seen utilities like Mixmeister's external utility, but it did not actually write the information to the .ID3 tag?

Anything would be great.

Thanks.

Woody

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 11:18 pm

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 11:28 pm
I need a program that will write directly to the ID3 tags of my files.

I then want to then rename my .MP3 files with the BPM information as -000.00- Title - Artist.mp3

I don't want to integrate the VDJ BPM engine until after I've already renamed my files. This ensures that I am looking at the correct BPM from the file name, regardless if VDJ has analyzed the file or not.

Thanks!

-Woody

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 12:09 am
I use a program called Beatunes. Its great and always on the correct beat. Give it a check.

www.beatunes.com

I use a MAC though. Not sure if its for windows.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 2:23 am
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It says "For Mac and Windows"

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 2:59 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can use the program called "Rapid Evolution" available at mixshare.com, to calculate the BPM (does the harmonic key also if desired) and rename your files with the BPM information in the filename. Then you can use Tag&Rename to populate the ID3 tags based on the filename.

Rapid Evolution is free, but Tag&Rename costs about $20, however there is a free trial period with full functionality.

If you trust your ID3 tags more than your currnt filenames, then I suggest first running Tag&Rename to create your filenames from your ID3 tags. Then run Rapid Evolution to get the BPM info (in batch mode) and modify the filenames. Once all files are named correctly, use Tag&Rename to get the BPM info from the filenames and place it in the comment tag (might as well pu it in the BPM tag while you're at it.)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 10:45 pm
wedjlouisville wrote :
I need a program that will write directly to the ID3 tags of my files.

That's exactly what mixmeister does.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 12:02 am
djvintaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The free one from mixmeister adds it to the id3 tag, but you need to put it in the filename if you want it there too. You could use tag & rename, which can do all kind of id3 and filename conversion, to add the bpm to the filename after analyzing the file.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 11:50 am
Ok- Thanks for the replies thus far.

Perhaps I'm going blind, but I analyzed an entire folder with the free MixMeister tool and never saw any data tagged into my ID3 tags. What field does it save the BPM value to? I might not be looking deep enough into the tag.

Tag&Rename is an AWESOME program. I purchased it nearly 3 years ago and haven't looked back since. For my ID3 tagging, it doesn't get any better than with Tag&Rename.

I'll give the MixMeister another shot this week and see what I get. In the meantime, are there any settings I need to check so that it will write the ID3 data?

Woody

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 4:44 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Now wouldnt it be great for someone to develop a mixshare type program that will produce key and bpm values for .vob files =D

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:32 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wedjlouisville wrote :

In the meantime, are there any settings I need to check so that it will write the ID3 data?

Check to see that your files are not set to read-only - cuz MixMeister will calculate the bpm's but they will not get stored to the tag if your files are read-only.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 9:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)