Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A few problems... expert help needed.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

Just got my laptop back from the manufacturer as it was still under warranty for repair of the dvd drive and now I'm having a few issues.

1st thing I do when I got the laptop back was start vdj. It pops up with a video error message but started up as norma (never done that before). Problem being is now when I play my video clips its blank and just audio. Ok so I decided to reinstall my codecs and now everything thing seems to be back to normal.... NOT.

When running vdj internally with no external video output it seems to run fine. As soon as I enable output it maximizes the video output on my laptop screen AND on the external screen. No matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of the video showing on my laptop screen. I can't see the vdj skin at all. Whats even more ridiculous is the video output doesnt seem to show any video effects either like cube etc. I've tried multiple settings under the nvidia config to try and fix it.

I've tried asking the technicians what they did to my pc and they seem to be complete knobs and have no idea. Anyways as it goes I've reinstalled the previous video drivers and still no joy. Is there anything that I'm missing?

Also I noticed that when I'm playing a song and drag another song onto the same deck that is playing the warning message no longer pops up saying are you sure blah blah? Its very useful if you accidently load the song on the wrong deck.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 3:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"enable output it maximizes the video output on my laptop screen" -- sounds like you are in clone mode and not dual screen mode on your video settings?

"video output doesn't seem to show any video effects either" -- check hardware acceleration in the the VDJ - Config - Video settings

"playing a song and drag another song onto the same deck that is playing the warning message no longer pops up" -- make sure in VDJ - Config - Options that the Security is set to Always Ask --- I prefer - ALWAYS.

BTW, it sounds like they did a slick and back load of your hard-drive ? To many settings not set for a simple swap of a DVD that's malfunctioned. Also, they may have played with your stuff while they had it.

good luck...

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 3:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)