Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help with new sound card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I purchased an m-audio fast track pro this weekend and the sound is great and the install and set up was very easy. But I noticed that the left deck was significantly louder than the right deck. While I was playing tonight I had the volume and the gain turned up much higher than the left deck to get the same amount of sound. Could this be the sound card or the vdj software ? When I ran windows media player through the right output it played just fine. Any Suggestions ????

Thanks
musicman

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:50 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Check your gain setting on VDJ. If volume played equal within media player, I would guess that your gain or volume is different from one deck to the other on virtual dj.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:54 am
By gain do you mean the volume slider on the vdj mixer ? if yes I set the sliders on the vdj mixer to the same level and put the sliders on my mixer to the same level. the volume of the right deck was significantly lower. Bad cord perhaps ???

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:02 am
also wanted to note that the configuration i am using is the advaned configuration in vdj 3.4. I have assigned the left deck to out put1/2 and the right deck to 3/4

thanks
musicman

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)