Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Suggestion Box

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Two questions. I loaded VDJ today and all the entries in my suggestion box have disappeared. Its empty now. I have been using VDJ for 4 weeks. First timet his happened. Any ideas?

Second... I actually love this suggestion box feature. Its great to get song recommendations for the very early part of my shift (while people are filing in to the club). :D How does VDJ come up with these suggestions? What type of algorithm is used?

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 4:12 am
Suggestion box just came back with more suggestions. So I guess it was just a temporary thing. I was playing some songs off an external HD last night, which I don't have plugged in today. Maybe that had something to do with it?

I am still curious as to how the algorithm picks out what songs it "thinks" is good. I kinda like the suggestions!

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 9:37 am

Suggestion box :

- It kicks in when you have mixed 4-5 songs in a row, and the suggestions are based on a quite sofisticated algorithm that analyzes 2 factors : 1) Your playlist, what you usually play this hour 2) what you usually play within a range from the current songs you have mixed

Hope that helps:)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:37 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Suggestion box :

- It kicks in when you have mixed 4-5 songs in a row, and the suggestions are based on a quite sofisticated algorithm that analyzes 2 factors : 1) Your playlist, what you usually play this hour 2) what you usually play within a range from the current songs you have mixed

Hope that helps:)

Damm... so it actually says.... hey its 9PM... what does he normally play during this time? No wonder why its so accurate. ;)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)