Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I did a music industry gig with VDJ last night for a popular turntablists b-day

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just wanted to report that I demonstrated VDJ (using BootCamp on a MacBook Pro) at an exclusive event last night for my turntablist partner and long time friend "Icy Ice" (93.5 KDAY, World Famous BEAT JUNKIES, LEGEND Entertainment) birthday and the response by quite a few music industry "big wigs" as well as the general public was GREAT!

This isn't the first time I've used my VDJ set-up at this venue, the difference last night was that it was the first event where there were a LOT more than just a few high-profile/celebrity music industry execs, artists, and turntablists.

I basically took over the event because of everyone's intrigue with the video mixing (this happened last month as well and we've been doing these monthly gigs since November when I first publicly demonstrated VDJ) and not only had a lot of people come up to me while I was mixing, but I even had people coming up to tell me that other people were saying a lot of great things throughout the club.

At this point, there is NO doubt among my professional and/or high profile/celebrity colleagues that Visual Turntablism is going to take the turntablist industry, as well as the dj industry by storm!

Now we just need the Mac version of VDJ and the new TCV's to start this domination! =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 11:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol welldone :) sounds quite a party

not that any one probaly cares ;) but , i aslo demonstrated virtual dj at a highschool disco with 200 people

and i can report there where alot of very hot girls there.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 11:42 pm
skyfxl wrote :
not that any one probaly cares ;) but , i aslo demonstrated virtual dj at a highschool disco with 200 people

Of course that matters, how do you think we all started out 20 years ago? ;)

I'm sure you influenced quite a few people there to become dj's. =)

skyfxl wrote :
and i can report there where alot of very hot girls there.

And THAT is what it's all about! =D

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 12:07 am
""I demonstrated VDJ (using BootCamp on a MacBook Pro)""

Lolololol, had to throw that one in there, didntcha??

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 12:12 am
dj schmidty wrote :
""I demonstrated VDJ (using BootCamp on a MacBook Pro)""

Lolololol, had to throw that one in there, didntcha??

=D

Just trying to get VDJ for Mac out asap (but not before it's ready)! ;)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 12:44 am
What soundcard are you using to make this happen?

I haven't had any luck getting vdj to work with my mbp with bootcamp. My vid runs smooth but the audio is choppy. Even with the losest settings or auto.

Maybe its the serato card, but I was under the impression that it was a decent sound card.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:57 am
ConQuest wrote :
skyfxl wrote :

Of course that matters, how do you think we all started out 20 years ago? ;)

20 years later and I still do a school dance every now and then :-)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:51 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
=)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:18 pm
Well I am starting a new club opening in Vegas in March and hopefully I have the same results with the right people catching on to the use of video mixing with turntables and now the Pioneer DVD decks. They did get a pair of them for one of the four rooms anyways... serato for each room.. even though I tried to tell them different. Well I am personally at the club going to use Virtual DJ and have it installed on each computer in the club.

Let the club style video mix revolution begin!!

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 12:07 am
funkturnal wrote :
What soundcard are you using to make this happen?

I'm just using a Hercules MK2. Waiting for the Numark card to be released.

low-fat-al wrote :
Let the club style video mix revolution begin!!

All Visual Turntablists and non-turntable using VDJ/VJ's ARISE!!!

=)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 4:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)