Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: newb question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i am a young aspiring DJ and have just started messing around with virtual DJ. i have a, what i hope is a simple to answer, question about how to do something. I want to be able to play ONLY the beat of one song on platter 1, and have ONLY the music(singing portion) playing on platter 2?? Please, if possible, explain this to me!!! i'm dieing to know!!

thnx

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 12:06 am
Play the accapella in deck 1, and the instumental in deck 2. There are some plug ins available to remove the vocals or the music. That is another way, but is not as clean.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 12:24 am
so i'd have to download the accapella and the instumental of every song that i wanted to do that with?? Where can i find these plug-ins and what would they be labeled as??

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 12:26 am
If you were using vinyl, you would have too buy 2 copies to do it. VDJ has a plug in in the download section that removes the vocals and the music, but it's not perfect. It actually may come with the full version. I don't think any plug in is.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 12:39 am
ok....i was thinking it was a lot easier than that. DJs at local clubs make it seem so easy. The name of that plug-in?

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 1:01 am
If you do something long enough, you become good at it, but it's not easy. The effect in VDJ is called vocal +. It does not work as good as the acapella and the instrumental combo.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:09 am
I'm going to be using the Hercules DJ Console MK2, if you guys are familiar. I was told by the Hercules Tech. support that this was possible with the MK2 unit? i don't understand how i go about getting the acapella??

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)