Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Argh! Universals 20th Century Masters..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Obviously I've purchased a couple of these DVD's and although I can rip them with anything, they dont seem to want to play in VDJ. The video looks great but the audio is nothing more than loud obnoxious static/scratch. Has anyone else been in my shoes?

Thanks as always for your time =D

The 20th Century Masters DVDs in question are "The Best of The 80's" and "The Best of Alternative 80's".

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 11:35 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried to rip MJ's Billie Jean to vob using the VDJ DVD Ripper. All i got was a bunch of static audio and a garbled video.

I've just bought the full versio of ImTOO DVD Ripper and ripped the same video as an MPEG2 file - and now it's working great...(",)

P

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 1:02 am
ashlar wrote :
Obviously I've purchased a couple of these DVD's and although I can rip them with anything, they dont seem to want to play in VDJ. The video looks great but the audio is nothing more than loud obnoxious static/scratch. Has anyone else been in my shoes?

Thanks as always for your time =D

The 20th Century Masters DVDs in question are "The Best of The 80's" and "The Best of Alternative 80's".

20th Century Masters DVD's audio track will not decode with the VDJ codecs. You'll need to convert the video and leave the video stream untouched, change the audio stream to a compatabile type.

I don't know why the VDJ codec does not decode the audio. PowerDVD and WMP play the ripped vobs fine.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 1:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)