Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: input on jbl eon g2 speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Howdy all
I am considering buying 2 pairs of jbl eon g2 speakers. I was wanting to get some feedback from anyone who may be using these particular speakers or just powered speakers in general. Pro's and Con's kind of stuff. So far the feedback I've gotten from you guys and gals has been right on the money so I value any info you may have to share.

peace
musicman

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 4:48 pm
We've had four JBL EON's (old models) in the bar for aprox 6 years, pounding for 6.5 hours a night, Seven days a week 364 days a year (only Christmas day off).

Other than blowing the heatsink fans off to get the cigarette smoke/dust off of them (when smoking was allowed) they've required no maintenence or repair.

NO problems with JBL eon series here

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 6:53 pm
I've seen G2s earn their worth far beyond what they actually cost to aquire. My only regret with my EONs is that I should have got G2 and not G1.

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 7:55 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Although I like the G2's a lot, and they are great speakers.... their clarity is sub-par at best.

ask anyone and they will say to go with the mackie SRM450's if you're looking for audio quality.

i have heard them side by side and the difference was crazy. the 450's plain and simple sounded better.
and they can THUMP for having such small woofers

(as for the issue that the 450's overheat in hot/pushing the speaker conditions... its true but nothing a little battery powered clip fan can't solve. i got two such fans for 20 bucks together and they keep cool air passing through the heat sync on the back)

srm450's all the way!

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 12:02 am
Hi

I held back a little from making this comment because the G2s had such good reviews from people on here who know. I prefer the SRM450s too. But they are probably more expensive, so it's up to you. I just recommend you try and listen to both in a decent demo if possible and then choose. I thought the SRM450s were just so much better for sound quality in general.

I've had mine a year or so now and am very happy. I won't change for a long time.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:55 pm
asymptote wrote :
Hi

I held back a little from making this comment because the G2s had such good reviews from people on here who know. I prefer the SRM450s too. But they are probably more expensive, so it's up to you. I just recommend you try and listen to both in a decent demo if possible and then choose. I thought the SRM450s were just so much better for sound quality in general.

I've had mine a year or so now and am very happy. I won't change for a long time.

he was asking about EONs, so I told him about EONs. Of course the Mackie's sound better. I've never heard a single person say the EONs sounded better.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:48 pm
you guys are right i have never heard anyone say that the eons sound quality was better than mackie. the only thing i negative i've heard about mackie is the overheating issue. do they overheat doing just a regular 4 to 5 gig or do they have to be constatly overpowered i wonder ? have you guys had this overheating problem ? How long did it you have to power them down in order for them to cool down ?

musicman

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:03 pm
kjdougPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not sure about the eon g2 speakers but i had a pair of g1's and they were ok....srm450's are the way to go though if you can afford them instead...i have used them since they first came out and they sound great...and yes they do overheat but i have fans on the back of them. and after they shutdown (pre back fans) i would turn them off and they would be ready in a minute to go again.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 11:25 pm
I have Eon g2 and i like it. even the sound is okey. advantage of the eon g2 is more bass and no overheat. and think about it, everybody is dancing on the dance floor and suddenly the sound dissapear?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 5:39 am

[/quote]

he was asking about EONs, so I told him about EONs. Of course the Mackie's sound better. I've never heard a single person say the EONs sounded better.[/quote]

biting a bit??? ;-)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:27 am
musicman1 wrote :
the only thing i negative i've heard about mackie is the overheating issue. do they overheat doing just a regular 4 to 5 gig or do they have to be constatly overpowered i wonder ? have you guys had this overheating problem musicman

Never had a problem, but then I live in a cold country ;-)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)