Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I Got Video Out but...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am getting video out going into my switcher but when I mix 2 videos back to back I get a strobeing effect or glitch as soon as I press play on the other video. when I stop the one that was playing this gitch goes away and the new video is on and stable. The cross fader doesn't work. Well it does but what I'm doing with it does not come out on the screen its still the other video in the background glitching in. it doesn't look all that professional if ya know what I mean.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:49 am
Oh I forgot to mention that the above issues aren't happening in thevdj video window on the laptop only on my preview monitor and projector. hmmmmm that isolates it a bit.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:53 am
Bumpity Bump.

So anyone thinks that perhaps maybe its the S-Video that's causing this? I'm going from S-Video to that yellow RCA jack that plugs into the back of the external switcher. Would kinda suck to know that is the issue after spending $60 on an S Vid cable, converter plug from S Vid to RCA and an RCA video cable.

What else is there to try?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 6:53 pm
Do you have it set to auto video mix? In other words, You are playing a video in deck A, does the video start to mix, when you press play on deck B?

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 8:57 pm
I am not using the auto mix. I manually play the videos. I think the problem might be outsie my laptop. in the vdj video monitor on the laptop I can see the transitions taking place when I apply then. I am not seeing the other video playing on top of the other one in the vdj monitor. I am only seeing this on the external monitors and projector screen in the club.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 2:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)