Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How To Get Video Out Of Laptop To Monitor?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole video thing and a week ago I wanted to play some video's but I couldn't get the signal out. I use the S-Video out of the laptop and plug the video IN into a video switcher but cannot get the video picture out. It plays in VDJ in the video windows but just can't get the signal out. Can anyone give some advice on getting this video to show up?

This is my video card... 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS, for Inspiron 9400/E1705

Thanks for all the help!

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 12:44 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm just getting into video myself...so hopefully this is correct.

In video output, select your graphics card instead of 'window' from the drop down list.

make sure your external source is hooked up to your laptop before booting up though.

Whether this works or not for a video switcher i'm not sure...Anyway you can go straight to tv/monitor from your graphics card?

(",)

P

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 12:55 am
you also may need to go into the display properities from the desktop, click on the display #2 and check "extend my desktop ..."

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 1:08 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Naw I can't go directly into a TV because the video's I play will be going through the bar on different monitors and on a huge projector screen that will drop down over the neon wall thus why it has to go into the club's video switcher and/or the video input of a vcr/dvd combo player.

I'll try these tips yall have posted and see what happens.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 2:34 am
I don't mix videos, but you should be able to do it with extended desktop. Drag the videos window to the extended section of your desktop (from second video output on your tv or monitor) then size the window to fit the screen;^]

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 2:48 am
Hey Jay, the problem may be how the switcher and splitters are configured. In my club the splitter was configured using RCA cables. Because of that we can't use S-Video on our switch box. So the problem may not be on your end. You may need to invest in a VGA to NTSC converter and go out RCA instead of S-Video.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 5:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)