Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wanna start mixing with music videos and ive heard that virtual dj is the number one program. what do i need to buy to start mixing videos ( i no i got to buy virtual dj ) but like what video cards wires and inc do i need. any help will be appricated. thanx

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 12:02 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, you'll first of all need a pc that meets the recommended specs.

You'll be looking at a good graphics card - Nvidia 7600gt with 256 dedicated ddr is good enough.

You'll need at least 4.1 channel soundcard, and depending on any hardware you may want to use (XP10, TCCD/TCV) you may want to go one better and get an external usb soundcard.

You may want to think about an external controller, such as the DAC, XP10, BCD, DJ Console, etc...and you'll undoubtedly be looking for a mixer (although some controllers can double up as a mixer...some can even be used as a soundcard).

Then you'll be need a good music and video library and a bit of time and patience to sit and analyse your library.

That's about it really. After that it's just practice, party, and have loads of fun!!!

If I were you, i'd scour the forums for info. Look at the blogs for pictures of setups. Think about what you want to do. Write down a list of stuff you like and dislike. Keep asking questions - we're here to help.

Welcome to VDJ!

P

(",)

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 12:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)